Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Weather on Silver Coast.

Weather on Silver Coast.

Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

hurstc is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Weather on Silver Coast.

Help. I have an apartment in Areia Branca ( near Lourinha). I saw on the weather forecast that they expected high winds causing damage on Tuesday and Wednesday. Did these happen. I am stuck in the UK at the moment.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:50 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Weather on Silver Coast.

Originally Posted by hurstc
Help. I have an apartment in Areia Branca ( near Lourinha). I saw on the weather forecast that they expected high winds causing damage on Tuesday and Wednesday. Did these happen. I am stuck in the UK at the moment.
Nah,it was ok.....nothing like Christmas 2010.No trees down or structural damage,you can sleep ok
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:21 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cleri
Nah,it was ok.....nothing like Christmas 2010.No trees down or structural damage,you can sleep ok
2009 I meant.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

deecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nice

We are right on the coast near Santa Cruz and while the wind was at its peak we had electricity off for a short period and next morning the odd bit of damage like a broken TV ariel here and there but nothing like December 2009. I havent seen or heard reports of serous damage anywhere else around this area, so I think you can sleep easy this time.
DeeCee
Old Feb 19th 2011, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

hurstc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by deecee
We are right on the coast near Santa Cruz and while the wind was at its peak we had electricity off for a short period and next morning the odd bit of damage like a broken TV ariel here and there but nothing like December 2009. I havent seen or heard reports of serous damage anywhere else around this area, so I think you can sleep easy this time.
DeeCee
Thank you for all the replies. We have lost two satellite dishes over the past 18 months......perhaps it is a clue when there are several windmills near you...they don;t put them in calm places. The advantage is that even in the hottest weather there is a very pleasant breeze.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

deecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nice

We have had torrential rain on Friday and Saturday morning to the extent that the roads around Torres Vedras where closed due to being submerged in floodwater. Many of the low lying fields in this area completely submerged, with rivers overflowing and landslips blocking the minor roads. Not exactly what we envisaged when we bought our retirement home in Portugal, but the suns back this morning, wind has gone, and the forecast looks good for the rest of this week. So time to restock the wine and cheese, and though its hardly sunbathing temperatures, the cost walk with lunch in the beechside cafe will do for now.
DeeCee