Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Indian restaurant recommendation for you

Indian restaurant recommendation for you

Old Sep 22nd 2009, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Redflag will become famous soon enoughRedflag will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Indian restaurant recommendation for you

Its not often I recommend things but credit where credit is due!

Try the Maharaja Patiala in Sao Bras De Alportel Tel 289 842 474

Some of the best Indian food I have eaten for a long time, I have been to other restaurants in the area, Tavira etc and they are not a patch on it.

Great food for veggies and meat eaters!

No i don't work there, I eat there
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really nice
Default Re: Indian restaurant recommendation for you

Know it well and enjoy it BUT even better is the other Indian Restaurant in S.Bras which is called Krishna Palace. 50m back from the main square in the direction of Faro. Smaller and not so commercial looking but the food is fresher and better.

To think we used to have to go to the UK for a curry fix! Two brilliant places now on the doorstep.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:44 pm
I.T Expert - Algarve

scott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Redflag
Its not often I recommend things but credit where credit is due!

Try the Maharaja Patiala in Sao Bras De Alportel Tel 289 842 474

Some of the best Indian food I have eaten for a long time, I have been to other restaurants in the area, Tavira etc and they are not a patch on it.

Great food for veggies and meat eaters!

No i don't work there, I eat there
Thanks for the good recommendation
Old Sep 29th 2009, 10:15 am
Just Joined

nick.algarve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrBife
Know it well and enjoy it BUT even better is the other Indian Restaurant in S.Bras which is called Krishna Palace. 50m back from the main square in the direction of Faro. Smaller and not so commercial looking but the food is fresher and better.

To think we used to have to go to the UK for a curry fix! Two brilliant places now on the doorstep.
Hi,
do you have another advice for Loule or Vilamoura?

Nick
Old Sep 29th 2009, 10:19 am
I.T Expert - Algarve

scott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the rough
Post Re: Indian restaurant recommendation for you

Originally Posted by nick.algarve
Hi,
do you have another advice for Loule or Vilamoura?

Nick
"India", on the road between Almancil and Quarteira is excellent food but is very highly priced.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Ahhh, hold on...Is that the restaurant with the Yellow font on a blue sign and has a billard table also?
Old Sep 29th 2009, 2:56 pm
I.T Expert - Algarve

Question Re: Indian restaurant recommendation for you

Ahhh, hold on...Is that the restaurant with the Yellow font on a blue sign and has a billard table also?
Nope...... I think that's the indian IN Quarteira....
Old Sep 30th 2009, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Living way up north does make me jelous of all these expats with Indian food near by

Im around 45 mins from the nearest!!
Old Oct 1st 2009, 6:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gedscottish
Living way up north does make me jelous of all these expats with Indian food near by

Im around 45 mins from the nearest!!
Ouch, thats far, but hopefully its worth ;-)
Have been to Goa for several years and wont miss indian food again!

Last edited by nick.algarve; Oct 1st 2009 at 6:26 am.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:47 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch, thats far, but hopefully its worth ;-)
Have been to Goa for several years and wont miss indian food again!
We've been to Goa too - but Indian food in India is a far cry from Indian food in UK.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog
We've been to Goa too - but Indian food in India is a far cry from Indian food in UK.
A far cry? Sorry, im not native english speaking
But where i have been over the years (well always the same place ;-) ) It was the most delicious food i have eaten so far.
Thats why im always looking for a good indian restaurant in the Algarve
Old Oct 1st 2009, 9:34 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

A far cry? Sorry, im not native english speaking
But where i have been over the years (well always the same place ;-) ) It was the most delicious food i have eaten so far.
Thats why im always looking for a good indian restaurant in the Algarve
Sorry, it means not a lot like.
I'll probably be shot down in flames for what I'm about to say but so far I've found the Indian restaurants here to be over-priced. So, my advice is to make your own. You can do it much more cheaply.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 10:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog
Sorry, it means not a lot like.
I'll probably be shot down in flames for what I'm about to say but so far I've found the Indian restaurants here to be over-priced. So, my advice is to make your own. You can do it much more cheaply.
Hehe ok.
Oh yeah, over-oriced is ture, thats why we make our own curry also. ;-)
Maybe ill find a good one when again when im down to the algarve end of october, ill let you know.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

madresilva is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive been going to Maharaja Patiala in Sao Bras for over a year now at first once a week, but sadly the food has gone down hill consistently, to my greatest sadness as we love the place and still go and take friends for an Indian.... but tonight with friends in town we will try Krishna palace ! keep ya posted on restaurant review!
Old Dec 18th 2009, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Redflag will become famous soon enoughRedflag will become famous soon enough

Thats odd, I was in the last weekend and the food was as good as ever, the nan bread is to die for, if its gone down hill i would have loved to gone their a year ago.

Went to the Krishna palace but for me the food is not as good as the Maharaja Patiala, not to keen on the inside as well.

Also tried the two Indian restaurants in Tavira..........don't bother, not very good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.