British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Portugal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/)
-   -   Indian restaurant recommendation for you (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/indian-restaurant-recommendation-you-632040/)

Redflag Sep 22nd 2009 4:24 pm

Indian restaurant recommendation for you

Its not often I recommend things but credit where credit is due!

Try the Maharaja Patiala in Sao Bras De Alportel Tel 289 842 474

Some of the best Indian food I have eaten for a long time, I have been to other restaurants in the area, Tavira etc and they are not a patch on it.

Great food for veggies and meat eaters!

No i don't work there, I eat there

MrBife Sep 22nd 2009 6:24 pm

Re: Indian restaurant recommendation for you

Know it well and enjoy it BUT even better is the other Indian Restaurant in S.Bras which is called Krishna Palace. 50m back from the main square in the direction of Faro. Smaller and not so commercial looking but the food is fresher and better.

To think we used to have to go to the UK for a curry fix! Two brilliant places now on the doorstep.

scott909 Sep 22nd 2009 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Redflag (Post 7954379)
Its not often I recommend things but credit where credit is due!

Try the Maharaja Patiala in Sao Bras De Alportel Tel 289 842 474

Some of the best Indian food I have eaten for a long time, I have been to other restaurants in the area, Tavira etc and they are not a patch on it.

Great food for veggies and meat eaters!

No i don't work there, I eat there

Thanks for the good recommendation :)

nick.algarve Sep 29th 2009 10:15 am

Originally Posted by MrBife (Post 7954675)
Know it well and enjoy it BUT even better is the other Indian Restaurant in S.Bras which is called Krishna Palace. 50m back from the main square in the direction of Faro. Smaller and not so commercial looking but the food is fresher and better.

To think we used to have to go to the UK for a curry fix! Two brilliant places now on the doorstep.

Hi,
do you have another advice for Loule or Vilamoura? :o

Nick

scott909 Sep 29th 2009 10:19 am

Originally Posted by nick.algarve (Post 7974192)
Hi,
do you have another advice for Loule or Vilamoura? :o

Nick

"India", on the road between Almancil and Quarteira is excellent food but is very highly priced.:)

nick.algarve Sep 29th 2009 10:22 am

Ahhh, hold on...Is that the restaurant with the Yellow font on a blue sign and has a billard table also?

scott909 Sep 29th 2009 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by nick.algarve (Post 7974207)
Ahhh, hold on...Is that the restaurant with the Yellow font on a blue sign and has a billard table also?

Nope...... I think that's the indian IN Quarteira....

gedscottish Sep 30th 2009 9:20 pm

Living way up north does make me jelous of all these expats with Indian food near by:frown:

Im around 45 mins from the nearest!!

nick.algarve Oct 1st 2009 6:23 am

Originally Posted by gedscottish (Post 7978811)
Living way up north does make me jelous of all these expats with Indian food near by:frown:

Im around 45 mins from the nearest!!

Ouch, thats far, but hopefully its worth ;-)
Have been to Goa for several years and wont miss indian food again! ;)

TaviraTrog Oct 1st 2009 8:47 am

Originally Posted by nick.algarve (Post 7979795)
Ouch, thats far, but hopefully its worth ;-)
Have been to Goa for several years and wont miss indian food again! ;)

We've been to Goa too - but Indian food in India is a far cry from Indian food in UK:p:p:p.

nick.algarve Oct 1st 2009 9:31 am

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog (Post 7980058)
We've been to Goa too - but Indian food in India is a far cry from Indian food in UK:p:p:p.

A far cry? Sorry, im not native english speaking :o
But where i have been over the years (well always the same place ;-) ) It was the most delicious food i have eaten so far.
Thats why im always looking for a good indian restaurant in the Algarve :)

TaviraTrog Oct 1st 2009 9:34 am

Originally Posted by nick.algarve (Post 7980181)
A far cry? Sorry, im not native english speaking :o
But where i have been over the years (well always the same place ;-) ) It was the most delicious food i have eaten so far.
Thats why im always looking for a good indian restaurant in the Algarve :)

Sorry, it means not a lot like.
I'll probably be shot down in flames for what I'm about to say but so far I've found the Indian restaurants here to be over-priced. So, my advice is to make your own. You can do it much more cheaply:p:p:p.

nick.algarve Oct 1st 2009 10:08 am

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog (Post 7980193)
Sorry, it means not a lot like.
I'll probably be shot down in flames for what I'm about to say but so far I've found the Indian restaurants here to be over-priced. So, my advice is to make your own. You can do it much more cheaply:p:p:p.

Hehe ok.
Oh yeah, over-oriced is ture, thats why we make our own curry also. ;-)
Maybe ill find a good one when again when im down to the algarve end of october, ill let you know.

madresilva Dec 17th 2009 4:13 pm

Ive been going to Maharaja Patiala in Sao Bras for over a year now at first once a week, but sadly the food has gone down hill consistently, to my greatest sadness as we love the place and still go and take friends for an Indian.... but tonight with friends in town we will try Krishna palace :fingerscrossed:! keep ya posted on restaurant review!

Redflag Dec 18th 2009 6:20 am

Thats odd, I was in the last weekend and the food was as good as ever, the nan bread is to die for, if its gone down hill i would have loved to gone their a year ago.

Went to the Krishna palace but for me the food is not as good as the Maharaja Patiala, not to keen on the inside as well.

Also tried the two Indian restaurants in Tavira..........don't bother, not very good