IMI Bills

Old Mar 24th 2014, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

1711JohnB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IMI Bills

Just for information, ours from Tavira Camera arrived at our UK address today.

Two bed appt on Pegada was Euro 247 and a few cents x 2.

Kind regards

John
Old Mar 25th 2014, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

joseph69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IMI Bills

hello, That is a Lot...
They need the Money...
Jose
Old Mar 25th 2014, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

BlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joseph69
hello, That is a Lot...
They need the Money...
Jose
Yeah, I agree. It´s top whack..
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously depends on the local camara.

We have a 3 bed townhouse and it's less than that.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Anubis is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine arrived in the UK yesterday as well for the same amount for a 3 bed apt in Tavira. Do you know if you can transfer the full amount now rather than wait till October to pay the second installment?
Dave
Old Mar 25th 2014, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

A friend has tried that and it caused no end of problems

I'd wait until the next one arrives.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anubis
... Do you know if you can transfer the full amount now rather than wait till October to pay the second installment? ...
You can pay the second (or third) instalment now, if you wish, but you must use the appropriate (different) payment reference for each instalment and pay each instalment separately, so there's no real advantage in doing so. Alternatively, you could set up scheduled payments now using your online banking so that you don't forget to pay later in the year.

The payment reference (referência de pagamento) for any future instalments can be found in your account at the Portal das Finanças. There is no need to wait for a paper bill to be received.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Anubis is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice I think I will pay it in 2 instalments after what has been said. Is an invoice for the second instalment posted to the UK as well and if so roughly when does this arrive? The reason I ask is I only got the April invoice last year and had to chase them up by e mail last year for the second instalment.
Dave
Old Mar 25th 2014, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

September payment, posted in August.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

An invoice will be issued for each instalment at an appropriate time.

I have never received one by post, presumably because I am registered with the ViaCTT service that allows me to receive notification of issue and I can then access an online copy at the ViaCTT website (or get the details from the Portal das Finanças).

Relying on either post or email is risky. It's much better to be pro-active and ensure that you have access to the source of the necessary information.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Never had a problem with them posting it to us in Fuzeta.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

BlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond repute

Hello!
As an aside, are all IMI bills issued at the same time? Is there a grace period if you have just purchased a property?
Thanks.
Beardie

Last edited by BlackBeardie; Mar 25th 2014 at 8:35 pm. Reason: :)
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, all processed at the same time.

And no, if you don't pay in time, you could and probably will, have to pay a fine.

Get yourself down to Finances and get it sorted out quickly
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if they still do it, but when we moved here we got 5 [or 6?] years of IMI holiday on the property we bought.
I expect the first bill any time now.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by liveaboard
I don't know if they still do it, but when we moved here we got 5 [or 6?] years of IMI holiday on the property we bought.
I expect the first bill any time now.
Thanks Liveboard. That's good to know. I just don't want to get a shock when it finally arrives. Hoping to receive my locally. Still trying to get my mailbox sorted out. Got the box but no one's called me to tell me where to put was agreed at the time of purchase.. )

Last edited by BlackBeardie; Mar 25th 2014 at 10:14 pm. Reason: more content

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.