Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

How many people are in Tavira

How many people are in Tavira

Old May 14th 2007, 1:57 pm
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many people are in Tavira

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog
You'll have to let us know which are the best ones and the ones to avoid.

When we were out in March completing our purchase we tried quite a few and I did make a note of them for future reference but lost the list:curse:. Still, I'm sure we'll be able to find them again without knowing their names.(Pity there isn't a smiley for wine drinkers)
for goodness sake , you,ll be wanting one for "SHANDY DRINKERS" next! , its probably because they don,t have a wine glass big enough for you lot
Old May 14th 2007, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

deejay7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

My wife and I will be back in Tavira next week to finish off our apartment. Unfortunately we can't move there permenetly yet, so it's our place of escape, come holiday let with the hope of retirement home (early I hope) in the not to distant future.
Is there anywhere that the permenent residents meet up (a pub I hope!!!!) so we can compare notes???? I was there 2 weeks ago ordering furniture and was told Patricks Bar but it was shut!!!

Dave
Old May 15th 2007, 7:19 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gazz
for goodness sake , you,ll be wanting one for "SHANDY DRINKERS" next! , its probably because they don,t have a wine glass big enough for you lot
Shandy drinkers!! Certainly not - might as well drink water. Now if you'd said rum 'n' cola....
Old May 15th 2007, 7:21 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gazz
Pah,listen to the tee totaller
Old May 16th 2007, 1:43 pm
polly flinders

polly flinders will become famous soon enough

So, just how many people on this forum are in Tavira?

Just curious, no ulterior motive (I'm not selling anything)
Hello
I live in Santa Catarina . Not very far from Tavira.... does that count.. Does anyone else live near St Cat
Polly Flinders
Old May 16th 2007, 4:19 pm
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: How many people are in Tavira

Originally Posted by polly flinders
Hello
I live in Santa Catarina . Not very far from Tavira.... does that count.. Does anyone else live near St Cat
Polly Flinders
Don't know. Is it close enough to stagger back from the bar?
By the way, where does one get one of these beer glasses that refill themselves?
Old May 17th 2007, 12:39 pm
polly flinders

Bit of a long walk or should that be ...stagger. St Cat is about 10 min drive from Tavira sort of out in the sticks. My local is usually full of farmers. Do get into Tav quite often tho to waste a couple of hours outside "Anazu"
Polly
Old May 17th 2007, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

Where's "Anazu", and is it a bar? Also when I was over in Tavira I had a drink in a bar ran by a guy called Richard or maybe ricardo, but I can't remember where it is now. Any ideas? Is Patricks bar open again?

I'm back in Tavira next week sorting out a few things but hope to find some time to "Relax" and have a drink or 6....

Dave
Old May 17th 2007, 1:38 pm
polly flinders

Originally Posted by deejay7
Hi,

Where's "Anazu", and is it a bar? Also when I was over in Tavira I had a drink in a bar ran by a guy called Richard or maybe ricardo, but I can't remember where it is now. Any ideas? Is Patricks bar open again?

I'm back in Tavira next week sorting out a few things but hope to find some time to "Relax" and have a drink or 6....

Dave
Anazu... c' mon !!!! it's the one near the Roman bridge next to the internet caff which is next to the chemist shop and by the river (old town side)

Polly
Old May 17th 2007, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

It's only my 4th time in Tavira so haven't found the best watering holes yet.
What about Patricks? I was over there 2 weeks ago but it was shut?

Dave
Old May 17th 2007, 2:53 pm
C'est la vie

Wink Re: How many people are in Tavira

Originally Posted by polly flinders
Anazu... c' mon !!!! it's the one near the Roman bridge next to the internet caff which is next to the chemist shop and by the river (old town side)

Polly
Okay, I'm with you now. Just did't know what it was called. We really like the little square with the church just round the corner. Some great restaurants around that area as well.
Old May 17th 2007, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

I like the same area too. We've bought an apartment and are in the process of buying furniture putting light fittings up etc etc etc etc, so haven't had the time to find the best places to eat and drink.
We can finaly sleep in our apartment now though as I bought the beds when I was last over 2 weeks ago.
I'll be glad when I can just enjoy Tavira instead of looking at furniture, curtains etc and driving all over the Algarve and part of Spain to get them!!!!

Dave
Old May 18th 2007, 12:07 pm
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know. Is it close enough to stagger back from the bar?
By the way, where does one get one of these beer glasses that refill themselves?
clerio is the one to ask for that one, hers are never empty!
Old May 18th 2007, 1:25 pm
polly flinders

Okay, I'm with you now. Just did't know what it was called. We really like the little square with the church just round the corner. Some great restaurants around that area as well.
Yes I prefer that side of the river especially when the 'bucket and spade' brigade arrive in the summer. they tend to stay on the other side, in the posh bit where the rip off restaurants are down by the fish dock.
Polly
Old May 21st 2007, 11:20 am
Just Joined

brimac is an unknown quantity at this point

Tavira..... I have been trying to "read between the lines" on this thread re what it is really like to either live or spend a good deal of time in Tavira. It is a place that I have never been to but from what I gather it is an excellent place to "settle". I will be viewing property there 28th May to 1st June. I would very much appreciate a summary of Tavira, the good the bad and the ugly too, although I know its down to me to ultimately decide.... My other choice of a retirement destination was Prague, I know it well (and love it) but its a city after alll, quality of life seems to be the magnet which has taken you guys to where you now live!!

Many thanx...... brimac

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.