Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Holiday renting in Portugal

Holiday renting in Portugal

Old Nov 28th 2017, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday renting in Portugal

Since the laws apply to a Portuguese property and the rental thereof, yes they apply to everybody, whether Portuguese or foreign, resident or not. However compliance becomes slightly more difficult if you are not an EU citizen (or EU resident or both, I don't recall) because of certain concessions made to those who already contribute to another EU country's social security systems and/or because you are required to have fiscal representation.

It's difficult to find a reliable one-size-fits-all description of all the rules and processes in one place. There are big differences in taxation regimes between holiday rentals and long-term rentals for example, as well as differences between those who actively operate their own rental business activities compared to those who let others do all the work in exchange for a smaller return.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Pilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Holiday renting in Portugal

Originally Posted by rollermum83
Either agency individual or couple .. I'm trying to get an idea of what price is usual ie around 50 euro per let including washing and greet or is it more based on each part being paid separately. Thanks
We let our house (4 bed / 2 bath) in Spain and we pay 60 EUR for cleaning, 10 EUR for checking the house (damage), 30 EUR for laundry up to 4 pp. If 4 to 8 pp, the laundry is between 35 and 50 EUR.
This is without meet & greet!!
This was the cheapest we could find! Most charge more than this.
For our pool maintenance we pay 60 EUR/month all year round. For the summer only the normal price is EUR 95 EUR/month.

I know people earn less in Portugal than in Spain, but this is the Algarve!