Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

holiday home insurance Schofield/Intasure

holiday home insurance Schofield/Intasure

Old Mar 24th 2017, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: holiday home insurance Schofield/Intasure

Originally Posted by AliceCaroline
Are the banks that bad gedscottish?

Our contents insurance here in the UK is only about £100 a year, even after our claim. If it's that cheap in Portugal I'd still take it out, so is it alot more there?
Obviously depending on coverage and the capital of your insurance, but for contents of 20-30k you should not have to spend over 100€ and may get it for as low as say 65€. Assuming it will be your first home, could be very slightly more if it's a holiday home.
Old Mar 24th 2017, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

qianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond repute

I am insuring 160k building and 30k content - quotes are in the region of 250 per year from U.K. provider.?And Portuguese quote seems like 300 +, I also noticed earthquake is an optional cover in PT and will cost more.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by qianh
I am insuring 160k building and 30k content - quotes are in the region of 250 per year from U.K. provider.?And Portuguese quote seems like 300 +, I also noticed earthquake is an optional cover in PT and will cost more.
House or flat and is your pernament home? I live in north and there is never any need to add earthquake cover but I've noticed if selected it can add a fair chunk on, obviously in Lisbon it's required and I'm guessing algarve too?
Old Mar 25th 2017, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just out of cuiousity I done a simulation for an apartment(as personal holiday home/2nd home) and with our best product it was coming up at 210€, stick on earthquake cover and it's 310!! What a difference!