Heating system

Old Sep 23rd 2017, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Heating system

Originally Posted by EMR
Ignore the estate agent, in fact tell them that they are talking out of their rear orifice.
They obviously know as much about living in the Algarve as they do about selling property.
Haha, that is a good one!!!! I am afraid this is true .
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 12:57 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heating system

Originally Posted by chislenko
It refers to reversible ceiling fans as that was what was originally mentioned "Sooo, that is why our ceiling fans are reversible" Anyway I have done that seldom done thing of logging the pc on and here is the link

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...appliances.pdf
Thank you, that is very interesting. It appears to identify conditions for there to be a problem, though apparently few have been reported, and certainly running a fan in the same room as an "open flu" appliance is I'll advised i.e. may cause combustion products to spill back into the room.

It is interesting that the report mentions that in the US (i) there is no reported history of problems, despite there being many more installations, and (ii) the instructions on fans in the US don't have a warning re using them in a room with an open flue heating appliance.

The report talks repeatedly about the size of the room as being critical, and this is IMO the most likely reason that there are no reported issues in the US - our open living room and kitchen has the same foot print as our home (2 bed terraced house) in London had. Even smaller, older houses in the US commonly have a living room that is at least 3-4m x 3-4 metres, so considerably larger than homes in the UK and Europe. Also true "open fireplaces" are IME, rare in the US, with most traditional fireplaces, whether gas or log-burning) being contained behind glass doors, or the use of a stove, with a door, to contain the fire.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 23rd 2017 at 1:50 pm.