Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

health insurance: Well's Plano de saude

health insurance: Well's Plano de saude

Old Mar 8th 2018, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Pilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the rough
Default health insurance: Well's Plano de saude

Hi,

I could not find anything about Plano de Saude Well's via Continente card.
I called the private hospital to make an appointment for the dermatologist. The fee is EUR 75 for a consult. If I would have the Continente card I pay EUR 42, they told me.
That is really an advantage!

I read to different things:
I read I can use the Continente card 15 days after inscription for Well's saude
And I read in another article that I need to have spend 300 EUR in the last 6 months at Continente. This means that I can use it only after 6 months.

Has anyone experience with this?
Thanks
Old Mar 9th 2018, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice
Default Re: health insurance: Well's Plano de saude

https://www.planosaudewells.pt/
Old Mar 9th 2018, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Pilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Sunseeker1st
Thanks

I have the Continente card and in 2 weeks I am able to use the Well's saude with discounted prices already.
I read that on top of the discounted price I receive 15% on my Continente card.
Not bad at all.

Last edited by Pilou; Mar 9th 2018 at 8:48 am.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

I don't think you get 15% discount on everything. My discount does not come near that so it may be only on Continente brand products.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ukkram
I don't think you get 15% discount on everything. My discount does not come near that so it may be only on Continente brand products.
No the 15% is only valid in the plano saude Well's. So the price I pay at the clinic using my Continente card, will credit 15% on my card.
With Continente card I pay EUR 42 instead of EUR 75 (info I got from the private hospital in Alvor). AND 15% of EUR 42 is credited on my card (= EUR 6.30).
So thanks to Continente the cost for the consult is EUR 35.70 instead of EUR 75.
I need to wait until April to see wether this is really happening!
Old Mar 9th 2018, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice

No, thank you Pilou. We have had a Continente card for more years than we can remember and didn't know about this. Just last month we could have used it for Lusiades and HPA!

Last edited by Rosemary; Mar 9th 2018 at 4:30 pm.