Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Goodbye England...Hello Portugal!

Goodbye England...Hello Portugal!

Old Apr 12th 2007, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Torgut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Goodbye England...Hello Portugal!

Originally Posted by camogirl
Evening All.
IMHO this country has no future and is going to the dogs. Can't live a decent life anymore, too many new laws being laid. No future for our children.
I smiled reading this post. Me and my girlfriend, both portuguese, we feel exactly the same about Portugal. I mean, we can't live a decent life here anymore, too many new laws and regulamentations, specially coming from Brussels. We are planning to move to Central Europe, apparently to Prague.

I hope you find what you came here looking for :-)
Old Apr 12th 2007, 7:46 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Torgut
I smiled reading this post. Me and my girlfriend, both portuguese, we feel exactly the same about Portugal. I mean, we can't live a decent life here anymore, too many new laws and regulamentations, specially coming from Brussels. We are planning to move to Central Europe, apparently to Prague.

I hope you find what you came here looking for :-)
Welcome to BE.

The difference is that most of them are retired folk with pounds in their pockets. Life is very tough for the locals who have to earn in Euros, especially if they live outside of Lisboa.

Boa sorte with your move to Prague
Old Apr 13th 2007, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

camogirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by violets'n'vanilla
Hi all, has anyone heard how Camogirl is doing?

Just wondering how the move went for her.

byee
Hi. I am here. Haven't been on here for a while now. Yes we are in Portugal. Been here almost 4 months now and loving it. We are so happy you will not believe. Son is well settled in school and has made lots of friends. There is lots to do on our land. Have chickens and our vegetable garden and have planted numerous fruit trees.
Will talk again soon. Have to go.
Cheers.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 9:02 am
buddies

buddies is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Goodbye England...Hello Portugal!

Hi Carole,

My husband and I have bought a plot of land about 5 Klm from Beja - How have you settled in your village ? I am curious to know if you used a local builder or know of any that we might be able to contact when we are over in June. We have our plans allready but have been unable to find a builder or it is not easy to do from here we live in Jersey but plan to move to Alentejo as soon as possible. we are mid fifties and going for early retirement but have bought a large plot 3 hectares which we plan to grow vegies keep chickens and drink loads of vino colapso. Any news will be gratefully received.

Kind Regards
Anne.
Old May 11th 2007, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

violets'n'vanilla will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

Well, what a rotten winter of ill health I've had, and reading all your great news of moving over to PT is giving me a big boost.
We are in the last stages of prepping the house for sale, then we are in the lap of the Gods, but we won't be far behind you all. You all sound so happy over there. How do you cope with the chicks in hot weather? Do they still lay ok? Are they the same varieties as we have at home here? And goats, how are you getting on with them, a real eco system on their own hahaha

catch up with you soon I hope
Old May 11th 2007, 8:42 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by violets'n'vanilla
Hi all,

Well, what a rotten winter of ill health I've had, and reading all your great news of moving over to PT is giving me a big boost.
We are in the last stages of prepping the house for sale, then we are in the lap of the Gods, but we won't be far behind you all. You all sound so happy over there. How do you cope with the chicks in hot weather? Do they still lay ok? Are they the same varieties as we have at home here? And goats, how are you getting on with them, a real eco system on their own hahaha

catch up with you soon I hope
DONT ask Nomad about laying chicks in hot weather,it will only lead to smutty comments and as for goats.......................................
Old May 11th 2007, 8:49 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clerigogirl
DONT ask Nomad about laying chicks in hot weather,it will only lead to smutty comments and as for goats.......................................
ROFLMAO
Old May 11th 2007, 8:57 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

hey oh great one I wish I was as quick witted as you, I kneel at your feet and worship the ground you float on....
Old May 11th 2007, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by crispygirl
hey oh great one I wish I was as quick witted as you, I kneel at your feet and worship the ground you float on....
It did make me titter!!
Old May 11th 2007, 9:59 pm
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

probably should wait until nomad has had his say, but i,m chomping at the bit so!
when it comes to the hot weather, i have always found the chicks to be quite accommodating
Old May 11th 2007, 10:34 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

It did make me titter!!
Dont mention them either. ;-)
Old May 12th 2007, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by jdr
Old May 12th 2007, 6:26 am
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

You were kidding about the goats right?

Butt you have to make allowances for me as I'm coming from a nanny state!
Old May 12th 2007, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Nomad_H
You were kidding about the goats right?

Butt you have to make allowances for me as I'm coming from a nanny state!
Old May 12th 2007, 2:40 pm
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
too late now, she,s let the cat out of the "FUN BAGS"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.