Good Morning!

Old Oct 7th 2006, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Tavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really nice
Talking Good Morning!

It's actually sunny here in Southampton this morning

It looks as if my next trip is set to be booked tomorrow, will be going back to Portugal in Jan. for 3 1/2 weeks to have a scout around....I got a very good deal , flight + b&B in 4 star hotel + insurance for £272.00 and whats even better, hubby has decided to join me for my last 4 days
He is coming around to the idea of starting up his own electrics businnes, so all I gotta do is look for the right location in the algarve I get the feeling that most of the businnes may well come from the central/western side of Algarve but I will find out when I'm there

He still wants me to look out for a little snack bar/bar though....so here's to my first steps on what will probably be a very long journey.....

Kazzi~XX~
Old Oct 7th 2006, 8:58 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Morning!

Good luck to you in your new venture
If you dont try it you will only think " what if " for the rest of your life.
I dont know what bars are like in Portugal, but if they are similar to Spain then dont pin your hopes on making your dreams come true that way.
I dont wanna put a downer on it, but if a bar lasts 2 or 3 years then they are in line for a gold medal. Its a very time consuming way of life and very little pleasure time.
I would say self employed sparky would be best.
But its up to you only to make your choice, all the best john
Old Oct 7th 2006, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Tavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really nice

thanks John, I was thinking more along the lines of a snack bar really + the sparky side of things - just came across a nice looking english snack bar & have requested details this morning.

and I agree with you, I never want to be sat here with a hot water bottle in a grannies home saying 'what if'

I've been back home for a week now and already my bones feel as if they need oiling one thing I know for sure warmer weather and sunshine is much better for me
Old Oct 7th 2006, 1:16 pm
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tavira-Dream
thanks John, I was thinking more along the lines of a snack bar really + the sparky side of things - just came across a nice looking english snack bar & have requested details this morning.

and I agree with you, I never want to be sat here with a hot water bottle in a grannies home saying 'what if'

I've been back home for a week now and already my bones feel as if they need oiling one thing I know for sure warmer weather and sunshine is much better for me
I just want to say all the very best of "Good Luck" to you. You are definitely very determined and that will take you a long way TD. Also the bit about the bones needing oiling, my arthritis is thriving in this climate;this country is an incubation chamber for diseases.
BTW have you given any thought to taking one of the many courses in the UK for a specialized skill. I mean you can do a C&G in lots of things such as IT;body piercing(not being sarcastic because I know someone who did it) and even certain types of counselling or teaching English.
They are just off the top of my head really, but there are lots of things you could get qualified in quickly, you could research it! I just think I agree with JDR snack bar could prove a retro step. Give things more thought and open your mind.
Anyway thats just a bit of input.

Cheers

Nomad
PS: Dont post to Cleri after midday, you'll just get a garbled drunken scrawl back!!
Old Oct 7th 2006, 2:41 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nomad_H
I just want to say all the very best of "Good Luck" to you. You are definitely very determined and that will take you a long way TD. Also the bit about the bones needing oiling, my arthritis is thriving in this climate;this country is an incubation chamber for diseases.
BTW have you given any thought to taking one of the many courses in the UK for a specialized skill. I mean you can do a C&G in lots of things such as IT;body piercing(not being sarcastic because I know someone who did it) and even certain types of counselling or teaching English.
They are just off the top of my head really, but there are lots of things you could get qualified in quickly, you could research it! I just think I agree with JDR snack bar could prove a retro step. Give things more thought and open your mind.
Anyway thats just a bit of input.

Cheers

Nomad
PS: Dont post to Cleri after midday, you'll just get a garbled drunken scrawl back!!
OI Nomad
Stop spreading rumours about my alcoholic tendencies to newcomers if you dont mind
Hi Tav good luck from me too.
I agree,I think a snack bar would be a bit of a thankless task,many hours and not much reward,they open very very long hours here.
My friend owns one here,she is Portuguese,and never has any money,she cant even afford to buy a house,and I would say hers is one of the more succesful ones!!
I know of one occupation here that is VERY lacking and thats english hairdressers,all expat women want one,and they are very hard to find!!!
Dont suppose you could learn that in a few weeks tho
Love SOBER Cleri x
Old Oct 7th 2006, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

well as it happens cleri - I am a fully qualified hairdresser and owned my own salon for 7 years - been in the trade for 26 yrs then gave up ...so who knows that may well be an avenue I could address .....I must dash to work now will be back after 10m if anyone is still sober enbough to chat

Cleri you never know I could be joining in with the siesta alcoholic beverages sooner than you think LOL *cheers* - *ching ching*

see you all later *waves* xx

Originally Posted by clerigogirl
OI Nomad
Stop spreading rumours about my alcoholic tendencies to newcomers if you dont mind
Hi Tav good luck from me too.
I agree,I think a snack bar would be a bit of a thankless task,many hours and not much reward,they open very very long hours here.
My friend owns one here,she is Portuguese,and never has any money,she cant even afford to buy a house,and I would say hers is one of the more succesful ones!!
I know of one occupation here that is VERY lacking and thats english hairdressers,all expat women want one,and they are very hard to find!!!
Dont suppose you could learn that in a few weeks tho
Love SOBER Cleri x
Old Oct 7th 2006, 2:47 pm

well as it happens cleri - I am a fully qualified hairdresser and owned my own salon for 7 years - been in the trade for 26 yrs then gave up ...so who knows that may well be an avenue I could address .....I must dash to work now will be back after 10m if anyone is still sober enbough to chat

Cleri you never know I could be joining in with the siesta alcoholic beverages sooner than you think LOL *cheers* - *ching ching*

see you all later *waves* xx
Well there you are!!!!!
Im convinced you would get work with that Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old Oct 7th 2006, 6:51 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Goodness...there's your passport right there!!!

Old Oct 7th 2006, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Goodness...there's your passport right there!!!

really??? I thought hairdressers would be ten a penny out there

am just going to have a glass of wine, hubby working nights again anyone still up?
Old Oct 7th 2006, 9:57 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

You might be able to get the S.African trade too. There are MANY living there. Ken jy die taal praat? (gawd, I'm from Zims and can't speak it to save my life! Well, I guess I could in a pinch..asseblief, nie skiet my nie )

Last edited by TouristTrap; Oct 7th 2006 at 10:00 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2006, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
You might be able to get the S.African trade too. There are MANY living there. Ken jy die taal praat? (gawd, I'm from Zims and can't speak it to save my life! Well, I guess I could in a pinch..asseblief, nie skiet my nie )
haa haa - well I can speak it quite well but write/spell it not so well

here are some words that crack me up when I hear them now, and mother [bless her] sometimes comes out with them and I'm in hysterics

first one is bluksem [ as in clout or hit lol]

next - bubbleaas [as in hangover ROFL]

sorry about the spelling, its kinda phonetic
Old Oct 7th 2006, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

jou tannies se moer - is another one roflmao hope I dont get booted off for that one
Old Oct 7th 2006, 10:08 pm

haa haa - well I can speak it quite well but write/spell it not so well

here are some words that crack me up when I hear them now, and mother [bless her] sometimes comes out with them and I'm in hysterics

first one is bluksem [ as in clout or hit lol]

next - bubbleaas [as in hangover ROFL]

sorry about the spelling, its kinda phonetic
Whos got a bubbly arse???? aaah Nomad of course
Old Oct 7th 2006, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by clerigogirl
Whos got a bubbly arse???? aaah Nomad of course
rofl is nomad a S African ? it would explain alot if he was
Old Oct 7th 2006, 10:14 pm

rofl is nomad a S African ? it would explain alot if he was
No he is a bloody scally HA!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.