Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

GOD! Will I Ever Find Work.

GOD! Will I Ever Find Work.

Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

beckiboo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile GOD! Will I Ever Find Work.

Hi, this is my first entry so i will try to not bore you too much My husband and i moved to the algarve almost 7 months ago to get away from our mundane lives back in sunny (NOT) England. We now live his parents who have been great to us but we pray for the day we can have our own place again. My hubby is a gardener and while i do have an on-off job working for a changover company i am looking for something that is a bit more thrilling. We are learning portuguese (slowly) but whenever i look in job papers they are all so far away. I am willing to travel between faro and vila real san antonio if anyone can give me a few pointers Looking for something maybe in the travel industry or any admin jobs would be helpful, we really do not want to back to uk
Old Jun 27th 2007, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Sibs is a jewel in the roughSibs is a jewel in the roughSibs is a jewel in the roughSibs is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: GOD! Will I Ever Find Work.

Originally Posted by beckiboo
Hi, this is my first entry so i will try to not bore you too much My husband and i moved to the algarve almost 7 months ago to get away from our mundane lives back in sunny (NOT) England. We now live his parents who have been great to us but we pray for the day we can have our own place again. My hubby is a gardener and while i do have an on-off job working for a changover company i am looking for something that is a bit more thrilling. We are learning portuguese (slowly) but whenever i look in job papers they are all so far away. I am willing to travel between faro and vila real san antonio if anyone can give me a few pointers Looking for something maybe in the travel industry or any admin jobs would be helpful, we really do not want to back to uk
Have you tried The News, they often have admin work in. Whereabouts are you?
Old Jun 27th 2007, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: GOD! Will I Ever Find Work.

Hi sibs, yeah i have tried and keep trying all newspapers but no such luck as yet but thanks for the tip. I live in Vila Nova De Cacela, you?
Old Jun 27th 2007, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Sibs is a jewel in the roughSibs is a jewel in the roughSibs is a jewel in the roughSibs is a jewel in the rough

The other side - Aljezur, well Vale da Telha actually. Work is pretty tricky I admit, but to be fair I haven't promoted myself much since I have been here. Luckily we have a UK business that supports us and we don't spend much!
Old Jul 15th 2007, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Come on peeps, any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.