Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Getting hijacked by a different energy Co.

Getting hijacked by a different energy Co.

Old Oct 24th 2017, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all
Default Getting hijacked by a different energy Co.

I was with EDP Commercial and was hijacked by Goldenergy some months back. Tonight the same happened.

They come to your door and ask for invoices to check if you have "overpaid" and say they can reduce the bill by 20%. They do not have badges as EDP has and do not let on that they are from Goldenergy.

They will tell you that you have overpaid and ask you to sign a document. You would not notice that the doc has a small "Goldenergy" written on the top LHS so you sign it.

Next thing is you will get a utility bill from Goldenergy as you have signed over the rights for Goldenergy as your new utility provider. No 20% discount.

Be careful.
Old Oct 26th 2017, 11:28 am
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting hijacked by a different energy Co.

When they came the second time, presumably you know at that point what the scam was and didn't sign again? What did they say?
Old Oct 26th 2017, 12:14 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I have a strict policy of always saying a very firm no to any speculative person who rings the bell or telephones me. Always said politely but also firmly. Some shrug their shoulders in defeat and some call me a fool but nonetheless I stick to my own rule. I do this as a method of self preservation due to being alone. Yes I might well miss out on some attractive offers but I will also not be duped so in the long run I think that it works out well for me.

Rosemary
Old Oct 26th 2017, 6:10 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ukkram
I was with EDP Commercial and was hijacked by Goldenergy some months back. Tonight the same happened.

They come to your door and ask for invoices to check if you have "overpaid" and say they can reduce the bill by 20%. They do not have badges as EDP has and do not let on that they are from Goldenergy.

They will tell you that you have overpaid and ask you to sign a document. You would not notice that the doc has a small "Goldenergy" written on the top LHS so you sign it.

Next thing is you will get a utility bill from Goldenergy as you have signed over the rights for Goldenergy as your new utility provider. No 20% discount.

Be careful.
Thanks, something I'll remember....
Old Oct 26th 2017, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

EDP told me to NEVER show invoices to agents or sign any more than you have already signed. EDP knows the method used by Goldenergy.
The 3 months that I was hijacked by Goldenergy I did not pay them and EDP said I should not as their method was illegal.
So me as a freeloader and cheapskate scored 3 months of free gas and electricity.
I have not heard from Goldenergy since.