Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Gas Supplier changing from Digigas to Repsol

Gas Supplier changing from Digigas to Repsol

Old Jan 15th 2012, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

1711JohnB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gas Supplier changing from Digigas to Repsol

We have been informed by our management company that this is to happen for those living above the 125 road in the Tavira area. Not sure about anywhere else. Apparently if you do not set up a DD quickly they are threatening to disconnect your gas and charge for reconnection etc.

They have an email address [email protected] to which I sent an email giving them my apartment address and name and within 15 mins or so, I had the bank details and my client number by return. (possibly a better response time than any company in the UK). All I need now, is to inform my bank and get a DD up and running.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Lelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Gas Supplier changing from Digigas to Repsol

Thanks for the heads up John, can you tell me which property management company you are with, we have heard nothing from Loja do Condominio.

Is it all of Pegada that is changing?
Old Jan 16th 2012, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

Hi

We are with Cabanasgest and I have attached below the information we recieved from them.

----------------------------------------------------------

Dear owners

According to the letter from Repsol that we sent attached in the previous e-mail, this change was due to a deal between the gas companies and in some areas north of EN 125 (e.g. Pegada, Fonte Salgada) the gas supplier is now Repsol.

Since our supplier is not the same, we learned of this after an owner asked us to check his mail for him. We immediately assumed that you had no knowledge of this and were prone to receive a fine.

We noticed that our email has reached Repsol because we just received an email from them stating that our information was incorrect and that the fine was not €41.01 as customer support informed us but €63.62 instead If gas is not paid up until 15th, some days later (it was not possible to know how many days because can vary from bill to bill) Repsol sends a letter saying it will cut the gas. And now with a copy of an invoice we can see that to a reinstallation of bthe counter is more: € 93.07.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 8:03 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

If your supplier changed you should have had a letter (in Portuguese, of course) from REPSOL sometime in December.
Changing the DD is not a problem; either go into your bank and they will do it for you or, if you are conversant with the Multibanco system, you can do it there.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Yes. I think we know that. However as a hell of a lot of people are not in their apartments full time how are they to know.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Anubis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 1711JohnB
We have been informed by our management company that this is to happen for those living above the 125 road in the Tavira area. Not sure about anywhere else. Apparently if you do not set up a DD quickly they are threatening to disconnect your gas and charge for reconnection etc.

They have an email address [email protected] to which I sent an email giving them my apartment address and name and within 15 mins or so, I had the bank details and my client number by return. (possibly a better response time than any company in the UK). All I need now, is to inform my bank and get a DD up and running.
Thanks for the info JohnB, much appreciated as I am in the UK. I have contacted Repsol with the e mail address you gave and they have already replied to me.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyj is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Can anyone confirm whether this applies to Miramar too?

Thanks in advance.

Tony
Old Jan 18th 2012, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Hi Tony

Suggest that you do as Anubis above did and send them an email with your name and address asking them.

Kind regards

John
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Campanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really nice

Yes it is Miramar. I sent an email and got a reply
Old Jan 18th 2012, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Campanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really nice

Take or send the information in the reply to your bank and they will set up the direct debit
Old Jan 18th 2012, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Lelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant future

JohnB,

Again thanks, I too have contacted Repsol and they promptly sent me an email with a scan of the letter that I assume is sitting in my mail box.

Hopefully we will still have gas when we next arrive!
Old Jan 19th 2012, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyj is an unknown quantity at this point

Sent email and got reply in English with new reference number and details of how to pay. They will redirect the bill to the UK until we can get to the bank to set up direct debit. Hopefully all should be OK.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Dishin'upDigital is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tonyj
Sent email and got reply in English with new reference number and details of how to pay. They will redirect the bill to the UK until we can get to the bank to set up direct debit. Hopefully all should be OK.
I have been in to the Repsol office in Tavira; the good news is that as far as I understand, they have dropped the standing charge- you only pay for the gas you use. So, if you didn't use any gas in December, there won't be an out-standing bill. :-)
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

scots-pats is an unknown quantity at this point

But have they put up the cost of the gas, other than the hike in IVA ?
Of all the utilities gas was the most reasonable.