gas butano

Old Nov 29th 2017, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the rough
Default gas butano

What is the price for a bottle butano?
I know it is more expensive than in Spain.
Today I saw at AKI: Rubis Gas 13 kg butano Tara EUR 9.

What does that mean? That cannot be the price for 13 kg gas?
Old Nov 29th 2017, 7:51 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: gas butano

About €24.

The €9 is the deposit on the canister.
Old Nov 29th 2017, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the rough

Thanks!
Old Dec 11th 2017, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi,

Can I buy gas bottles or is a technical check of the installation at home neccesary before I can buy (like in Spain)?

Thanks
Old Dec 11th 2017, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

I think that you might encounter that problem if you ask a supplier to deliver and connect the bottles for you. If you go to a supplier and buy the bottles how can they possibly know what you are going to do with them? I've never been asked for proof of anything.
Old Dec 12th 2017, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
I think that you might encounter that problem if you ask a supplier to deliver and connect the bottles for you. If you go to a supplier and buy the bottles how can they possibly know what you are going to do with them? I've never been asked for proof of anything.
Thanks. We now contacted a plumber / company who works with Rubis to install a gas heater. We will ask him to deliver 2 new bottles.

I also read the discussion in the government about the high prices for butano/ propano. They want to change that in 2018. The government wants a maximum price.
In Spain we pay +/- EUR 15.50 for 13 kg butano.

Wait and see.
Old Dec 15th 2017, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I believe electric would be cheaper, especially if you have a storage boiler run on night rate power.
Old Dec 15th 2017, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by liveaboard
I believe electric would be cheaper, especially if you have a storage boiler run on night rate power.
The place where we need to put the new one is too small for an electric one. The chimney is already in place. So no other choice for us at the moment.
Old Dec 17th 2017, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

zoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nice

Originally Posted by liveaboard
I've recently heard that butane is now illegal in apartments. Is this true?
Old Dec 19th 2017, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by zoff
I don’t know if it’s actually illegal but a friend of mine told me that it was prohibited in her block of apartments. Don’t know if that’s law or just a condominium safety issue. As an aside we were discussing the price of gas here vs the U.K. Her apartment has mains gas but is provided by a distributor from a storage tank in the area, so it’s probally propane or butane. Looking at her gas bill the distributor is charging her €5 a cubic meter which by my sums makes that about 50 cents a kW vs 20 cents or so for electricity. Natural gas in the UK is more like 5p a kWh. So 10 times more expensive for her. I know there’s calorific differences but it still doesn’t add up.

To rub salt in the wounds, if you check the Galp website for natural gas pricing, where it’s available, only up north, they show prices similar to the UK. So no wonder portuguese houses are so cold, no-one can afford to heat them. If Portugal had a nationwide natural gas system a lot more people could afford to heat their homes but I guess that will never happen.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 5:23 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonny22
I don’t know if it’s actually illegal but a friend of mine told me that it was prohibited in her block of apartments. Don’t know if that’s law or just a condominium safety issue. As an aside we were discussing the price of gas here vs the U.K. Her apartment has mains gas but is provided by a distributor from a storage tank in the area, so it’s probally propane or butane. Looking at her gas bill the distributor is charging her €5 a cubic meter which by my sums makes that about 50 cents a kW vs 20 cents or so for electricity. Natural gas in the UK is more like 5p a kWh. So 10 times more expensive for her. I know there’s calorific differences but it still doesn’t add up.

To rub salt in the wounds, if you check the Galp website for natural gas pricing, where it’s available, only up north, they show prices similar to the UK. So no wonder portuguese houses are so cold, no-one can afford to heat them. If Portugal had a nationwide natural gas system a lot more people could afford to heat their homes but I guess that will never happen.
Simply because unlike the UK Portugal does not have its own natural gas fields and the pipeline system that connects the UK to continental ,Russian gas also does not exist in Portugal.
Any attempts by the Portuguese to search for oil and gas are met with
protests from environmentalists and the tourist industry.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zoff
Maybe!
We have a house and we contacted a professional who will install the gas boiler. The gas bottle will be outside.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 6:25 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Thats interesting, rubis is a supplier here in the caribbean, gas is from venezuela, a cylinder is about 12 euros for 30 pounds weight [bit cheaper than spain i think.]
Old Dec 19th 2017, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by EMR
Simply because unlike the UK Portugal does not have its own natural gas fields and the pipeline system that connects the UK to continental ,Russian gas also does not exist in Portugal.
Any attempts by the Portuguese to search for oil and gas are met with
protests from environmentalists and the tourist industry.
Point taken. So where do Lisbon and Porto get their gas from where they can charge 5c a kW and in the Algarve it’s 10x the price? No Russian pipelines to Lisbon or Porto.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pilou
Maybe!
We have a house and we contacted a professional who will install the gas boiler. The gas bottle will be outside.
Just as advice. If the gas bottles are outside and you have space, ask him to install a 2 bottle manifold so when one runs out you can switch over without the need to change bottles immediately. That’ll buy you time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.