Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

In the future a possiable very big problem

In the future a possiable very big problem

Old Sep 17th 2015, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In the future a possiable very big problem

I make no apologies for posting this !
I look forward to a reply from "captainflack"

Shocking GMO Ingredient Found in Children's Food | Care2 Healthy Living

Last edited by Ingles; Sep 17th 2015 at 11:29 am. Reason: spelling
Old Sep 17th 2015, 11:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Why am I not the slightest bit surprised Ingles. However any 'baby food' that takes you two minutes to pronounce,let alone open the can,has got to be suspect imo..

Just posted a contentious article (admittedly not recent) from the Huffington post on their 'expose' of the Johnson and Johnson company and it's tactics.(This would be like attacking Royalty in the USA.) I put it on the 'TIO post.It's still taken Europe far too many yrs to even discuss these issues and practices. Finally some countries are doing something.I worry it's too little and too late
Old Sep 18th 2015, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

andypmg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GeniB
Why am I not the slightest bit surprised Ingles. However any 'baby food' that takes you two minutes to pronounce,let alone open the can,has got to be suspect imo..

Just posted a contentious article (admittedly not recent) from the Huffington post on their 'expose' of the Johnson and Johnson company and it's tactics.(This would be like attacking Royalty in the USA.) I put it on the 'TIO post.It's still taken Europe far too many yrs to even discuss these issues and practices. Finally some countries are doing something.I worry it's too little and too late
I admit it is little and it is late but IT IS NOT TOO LATE!!!

https://www.facebook.com/agricultures
http://www.agriculturesnetwork.org

Last edited by andypmg; Sep 18th 2015 at 12:53 am.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 7:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andypmg
I admit it is little and it is late but IT IS NOT TOO LATE!!!

https://www.facebook.com/agricultures
AgriCultures Network
I love your enthusiasm and your faith Andy.however these people have a stranglehold on the food chain. Not everyone will be able to escape them and grow their own food.Even of they do ,I fear the water they use will be already contaminated with pesticides.ditto the ground they will grow in.

I agree it's a start though
Old Sep 18th 2015, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

I love your enthusiasm and your faith Andy.however these people have a stranglehold on the food chain. Not everyone will be able to escape them and grow their own food.Even of they do ,I fear the water they use will be already contaminated with pesticides.ditto the ground they will grow in.

I agree it's a start though
Not everyone Wants to escape the capitalist globalisation of food stuffs etc and yes difficult if everybody did.

However many survived out with the system as created - we should not lose sight of that.

Please have hope or at least allow others to have some - very often it is all there is.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 2:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not everyone Wants to escape the capitalist globalisation of food stuffs etc and yes difficult if everybody did.

However many survived out with the system as created - we should not lose sight of that.

Please have hope or at least allow others to have some - very often it is all there is.
Not quite sure what you actually mean't by the first sentence?who survived what system?

Certainly wouldn't intend people to feel hopeless about our present situation Andy Just become more aware than they have been over the last decades.Like democracy our rights to have good fresh uncontaminated food and water isn't a given. We have trusted too easily,been too complacent.We have to fight back by being informed
Old Sep 18th 2015, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Not quite sure what you actually mean't by the first sentence?who survived what system?

Certainly wouldn't intend people to feel hopeless about our present situation Andy Just become more aware than they have been over the last decades.Like democracy our rights to have good fresh uncontaminated food and water isn't a given. We have trusted too easily,been too complacent.We have to fight back by being informed
Yes we have been complacent and gullible but then with marketing and PR on the goody goody front by Business and Governments is it any wonder.

I meant that not all areas of this earth are touched by our present ways for example the Amazon peoples - Parts of China and several others
Old Sep 18th 2015, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes we have been complacent and gullible but then with marketing and PR on the goody goody front by Business and Governments is it any wonder.

I meant that not all areas of this earth are touched by our present ways for example the Amazon peoples - Parts of China and several others
Okay! Not a lot of the earth then! You sound like your on the ball though!
Old Sep 18th 2015, 5:36 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Don,t bank on the Chinese in theirc or the mining , agri business and timber companies in the amazon not to exploit every available square metre of thecland aroundcthem.
I have seen the rainforest in Borneo, bulldozed and burned and replaced by the monoculture of oil palm.
We should enjoy what is left for as long as international commerce allows us.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EMR
Don,t bank on the Chinese in theirc or the mining , agri business and timber companies in the amazon not to exploit every available square metre of thecland aroundcthem.
I have seen the rainforest in Borneo, bulldozed and burned and replaced by the monoculture of oil palm.
We should enjoy what is left for as long as international commerce allows us.
Agreed many areas are in danger now of Exploitation form the Chinese and others as either other sources run out or simply the need to exploit now and secure resources for future use.

We should enjoy and continue to secure that enjoyment for our children and future generations.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Sadly that is the case and I have no doubt that we are ignorant of many cases where exploitation. pollution and corporate dollar forced changes to many indigenous peoples take place.

I wish I was more on the ball! but heartened and hopeful when I learn of more actions. However small they be.
Old Sep 24th 2015, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Good News for a change

France and Russia Ban GMOs | Care2 Causes
Old Oct 6th 2015, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yet another petition trying to stop TTIP https://stop-ttip.org/sign/
I have signed ,will you ?
Old Oct 8th 2015, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Up date

http://www.newsletter-webversion.de/?c=0-9kk0-dreuoo-p3e
Old Oct 9th 2015, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yet another Monsanto scam !

Has Monsanto Covered Up Evidence of Roundup's Health Risks for Decades? | Care2 Healthy Living

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.