Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

LEAKY ROOF TERRACE

LEAKY ROOF TERRACE

Old May 14th 2009, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

brodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of light
Default LEAKY ROOF TERRACE

During the winter when there was lots of rain I discovered that my roof terrace leaked and I had to put buckets down to catch drips. I know that the long term answer is to dig up my roof reseal and re-tile. I am back in UK at the moment and I am getting no where trying to find a temporary solution. Have any of you good folks had experience of this and do you know of any temporary solutions? TIA
Old May 14th 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

bejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nice
Default Re: LEAKY ROOF TERRACE

Originally Posted by brodev
During the winter when there was lots of rain I discovered that my roof terrace leaked and I had to put buckets down to catch drips. I know that the long term answer is to dig up my roof reseal and re-tile. I am back in UK at the moment and I am getting no where trying to find a temporary solution. Have any of you good folks had experience of this and do you know of any temporary solutions? TIA
Brodev,

We had a similar problem with the terrace of our villa in Menorca. Couldn't afford to have it repaired with new tiles at the time, so we had a company come in and they laid a fibre glass membrane and polystyrene type sheets on top of the tiles, with heavy duty grey plastic sheeting on top of these. The plastic sheet was then secured in the surrounding wall, similar to the way lead is used for roofing in the UK.

This was very effective and relatively cheap, could be walked on, as long as the ladies didn't wear sharp heeled shoes. It was on our roof for over four years and still OK when we sold and moved to PT.
Old May 14th 2009, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

brodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bejaboz
Brodev,

We had a similar problem with the terrace of our villa in Menorca. Couldn't afford to have it repaired with new tiles at the time, so we had a company come in and they laid a fibre glass membrane and polystyrene type sheets on top of the tiles, with heavy duty grey plastic sheeting on top of these. The plastic sheet was then secured in the surrounding wall, similar to the way lead is used for roofing in the UK.

This was very effective and relatively cheap, could be walked on, as long as the ladies didn't wear sharp heeled shoes. It was on our roof for over four years and still OK when we sold and moved to PT.
Thanks. Do you have a name?
Old May 15th 2009, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

bejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nice

Thanks. Do you have a name?
Hi,

Yes it's Eddie, our place in PT is near Ourique
Old May 15th 2009, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bejaboz
Hi,

Yes it's Eddie, our place in PT is near Ourique
Thanks very much Eddie. I meant did yiou have a name of the company who did your job. I didn't put it very well. Still, Nice to meet you Eddie
Old May 15th 2009, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks very much Eddie. I meant did yiou have a name of the company who did your job. I didn't put it very well. Still, Nice to meet you Eddie
Brodev,

Ah ! I misunderstood.

Sorry, can't give you a name, it was a small company in Ciutadella on Menorca, arranged through a guy who did some maintenance for us.

Good to talk with you.

Cheers
Old May 15th 2009, 12:05 pm
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

, its like "Morecambe and wise" in here.