Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

matriculating cars in portugal

matriculating cars in portugal

Old Aug 19th 2010, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

sircris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default matriculating cars in portugal

Hi everybody, I'll start again, I,ve put the correct tital in now. Can somebody give me advice on matriculating cars onto Portuguese plates and the costs involved, thank you.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Green_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud of
Default Re: matriculating cars in portugal

Originally Posted by sircris
Hi everybody, I'll start again, I,ve put the correct tital in now. Can somebody give me advice on matriculating cars onto Portuguese plates and the costs involved, thank you.
There are numerous threads on this subject. Just search on here and you should find plenty.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

newintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nice

As mentioned, just search the forum for matriculation - loads of threads on the subject. When you find out the cost you may want to make sure you are sitting down. My mother in law has just got a quote to matriculate her car (admittedly it's a Mustang) - the cost? 26,000 euros!

B
Old Aug 19th 2010, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Importing as an imigrant and avoiding the "imposto automovel(IA)" is always worth it.... however seldom is it worth bringing in cars and paying the IA, what was your idea?

If its the latter if you look back on one of the last car threads I posted a link to a simulator & a site to obtain cº2 info....if you cant find it....give me a shout back & I'll get the links again
Old Aug 20th 2010, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

sircris is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everybody for your suggestions. As suggested I have searched the threads and found plenty of information. I presume the IA is an import tax on the car, does this have to be paid before you re matriculate the car? I have to say that peoples experience on this matter seem to vary considerably, with some saying it costs a fortune to organize and others doing it for a very reasonable sum! I guess its down to how much work you are prepared to do yourself.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Thanks everybody for your suggestions. As suggested I have searched the threads and found plenty of information. I presume the IA is an import tax on the car, does this have to be paid before you re matriculate the car? I have to say that peoples experience on this matter seem to vary considerably, with some saying it costs a fortune to organize and others doing it for a very reasonable sum! I guess its down to how much work you are prepared to do yourself.
Well...if you pay an agent.. you are looking at 300 to 600 euros onto the bill... the IA bill will only come if you import without having owned the car etc previous to you moving here. Cars that have a high cº2 and are several years old are certainly not worth importing. If you are thinking of this as a business plan.... I would say "forget it"(my opinion) thousands of car stands have closed since the last law change in January 2009 due to the latest rules...it really aint worth a f#ck now!