Reload this Page >

Estoril or Cascais / earnings??

Estoril or Cascais / earnings??

Old May 26th 2007, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

AJLEE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Estoril or Cascais / earnings??

Hi - two requests for help.

I am intending to move to the Lisbon area later this year / early next year. Having visited the area quite a few times now, my thinking is that although Lisbon is a great city, I would not want to live there (too many high-rises. So I am more or less decided on living somewhere along the coast. My favourite at the moment is Estoril followed by Cascais but I would welcome any comments on either, and also whether I might regret making this decision if I need to be in Lisbon by say 9.30 each day and leave around 5 or 6.

I would also appreciate any information on demographics by salary / earnings. It seems very hard to get hold of such data. I would be quite keen knowing how those living in and around Lisbon break down in terms of earnings bands, e.g. x% earn above y and so on.

Thanks very much.
Old May 27th 2007, 9:24 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Estoril or Cascais / earnings??

Hello
Welcome to the forum.
Im sorry I cant help,I am in the Algarve,but am moving up about an hour away from Lisbon hopefully,in the near future.
Hope somebody can help
Cleri
Old May 28th 2007, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

brodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Estoril or Cascais / earnings??

There is a train that goes from Caiscais to Cais do Sodre very regularly. from Cais do Sodre you can connect to the metro. I would not reccommend driving as parking is a BIG problem. As to wages, a lot depends on what you do. But they are lower than UK. The minimum wage here is around 350 euros per month. this is slightly better than it first seems as 1 this is take home and 2 there are 14months. You get paid 2 months in August and 2 months at Xmas.