Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

The English on Holiday

The English on Holiday

Old Aug 20th 2017, 12:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The English on Holiday

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
Are your problems with brits to do with poor quality booze? Maybe the producers need to up their game. Its interesting, we have 2 big british cruise liners a week in winter, they disgorge about 2500 brits in search of a bar. Here the rum is very pure, 70-75% alcohol, and its never measured. Ive given the stuff up now, but i well remember having to frequently ask for some coke in my rum. Even the british brewery beer is 7-10%.

The brits on a mission are just not expecting it, they drink, fall over and go back at 5pm as cargo, never seen a fight or even a strong disagreement, they cant stand up most of the time.

It helps that they have to get on their floating prefab and leave early evening too i guess.
Good question but I suspect the problem lies far deeper in contemporary British culture.
Old Aug 20th 2017, 4:57 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
Are your problems with brits to do with poor quality booze? Maybe the producers need to up their game. Its interesting, we have 2 big british cruise liners a week in winter, they disgorge about 2500 brits in search of a bar. Here the rum is very pure, 70-75% alcohol, and its never measured. Ive given the stuff up now, but i well remember having to frequently ask for some coke in my rum. Even the british brewery beer is 7-10%.

The brits on a mission are just not expecting it, they drink, fall over and go back at 5pm as cargo, never seen a fight or even a strong disagreement, they cant stand up most of the time.

It helps that they have to get on their floating prefab and leave early evening too i guess.
Rum? I think the Brits you experience may be different to the Ryanair fodder on the Algarve. Here I suspect it's more down to the cheap, strong (5%) beer that the Brits describe as "p1$$ water" and drink by the half-litre, all day and without food (whereas the locals drink a 20-25cl "mini" and move on)

But this is actually just an amplified continuation of the general weekly shenanigans in any British town...........
Old Aug 21st 2017, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
I love it when you can juxtapose 2 different quotes, naughty but fun!
Old Aug 21st 2017, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

From Sky News -
I'd hate to see them on high alert then
Old Aug 21st 2017, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by 007Steve
...Precisely Expatrick. GeniB doesn't seem to realise how hurtful & fragile the male psychi is....
Bless
Old Aug 21st 2017, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hmmm, I suspect she does but has a sadistic streak!
YER GOT THAT RIGHT !!!
Old Aug 21st 2017, 10:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB
YER GOT THAT RIGHT !!!
Old Aug 21st 2017, 12:50 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

No excuse then,find a quiet corner and get started.I built an entire 'Lady shed' in my garden to paint in,then started to write instead.Diversionary tactics
A Lady shed

What - you mean like a kitchen?
Old Aug 21st 2017, 1:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Lady shed - probably a place for the lady boy.
Old Aug 21st 2017, 2:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scot47
Bought from the local BoutiQue no doubt!
Old Aug 21st 2017, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Red Eric
A Lady shed

What - you mean like a kitchen?
In my house that's 'man shed'
Old Aug 21st 2017, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by scot47
My friends referred to it as that as they were impressed that I got it built before OH could think of it.. I have since re-christened it to 'Art house'
Old Aug 21st 2017, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bought from the local BoutiQue no doubt!
Don't start ExP We had enough of that on the bird thread
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 5:33 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

In my house that's 'man shed'
I like the sound of that - you bashing out novels at the bottom of the garden while your husband slaves over a hot stove. Especially in this weather

Does he get to bring the meals to you, as well?
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 10:37 am
Account Closed

My friends referred to it as that as they were impressed that I got it built before OH could think of it.. I have since re-christened it to 'Art house'
Shouldn't it be the write house or possibly the rite house?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.