Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

English greeting cards

English greeting cards

Old Jul 11th 2017, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

Merched is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English greeting cards

Anyone advise of anywhere in the Algarve where you can buy some decent cards for special anniversary or important birthdays please?
I know Iceland do some but they are all quite basic and looking for something abit better if possible. Would sebd Portuguese ones to friends here but need some to send to the UK. Bit of a long shot but thought its worth asking. TIA
Old Jul 11th 2017, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

coffeeman is just really nicecoffeeman is just really nicecoffeeman is just really nicecoffeeman is just really nicecoffeeman is just really nicecoffeeman is just really nicecoffeeman is just really nicecoffeeman is just really nice
Default Re: English greeting cards

Originally Posted by Merched
Anyone advise of anywhere in the Algarve where you can buy some decent cards for special anniversary or important birthdays please?
I know Iceland do some but they are all quite basic and looking for something abit better if possible. Would sebd Portuguese ones to friends here but need some to send to the UK. Bit of a long shot but thought its worth asking. TIA

I just sent one for Father day to the Uk from Portugal Via moon Pig about the same price for a card and postage £3.50 i think it was, worth a look.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 7:32 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coffeeman
I just sent one for Father day to the Uk from Portugal Via moon Pig about the same price for a card and postage £3.50 i think it was, worth a look.
Moonpig.co.uk has several useful alternatives - (1) plan ahead and you can get the blank card sent to you to sign and send, or (2) you can scan and upload wording and your signature, or (3) if you are not upto scanning and left it too late you can just send the card with printed wording and a faux signature.

I love moonpig.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

rollermum83 is on a distinguished road

Hi yes Moonpig or the dogs doodahs for sum thing a bit off the cuff ..
Old Jul 12th 2017, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to all

The English 'supermarket', Alfresco, in Conceição has quite a good selection of UK sourced cards.
Old Jul 13th 2017, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Jet57 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sure I've seen some in the newsagent up near the food court in Tavira Plaza
Old Jul 14th 2017, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Saz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really nice

There used to be an English lady who made English cards and sold them in the 'car boot' fair in Tavira market on a Saturday morning.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

You don't say where you are living Merched?

The little gift shop in Praia da Luz has quite a variety, Even Q gardens has some very pretty photograph types of a very high quality. I think there are also shops in Vilamoura

If you want really exclusive ones..(a very small selection for weddings /special birthdays etc ) Dunas in the Quinta do Lago shopping mall has some amazing one's

I use Jaquielawson online cards a lot myself . not so keen on either moonpig or blue mountain. I sent my shopaholic friend a gorgeous one from Dunas ,glittery jewels and all. She loved it so much she had it framed..