Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

EDP Tarrif Simples

EDP Tarrif Simples

Old Jun 28th 2017, 9:20 am
Just Joined

Escocia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EDP Tarrif Simples

Hi,anyone know how this should be communicated to EDP, there site states with this new meter it should be only one reading you give them, but the recording asks for both readings all the time, and looks like I am being way over charged with this ( I have another meter on my solar system which also counts the units from EDP and this is close to the same as the daytime reading on the smart meter, but add the night time and it is about double.
No use calling EDP as they cannot expain why the site says one thing and the recording says another..............usual
https://energia.edp.pt/particulares/...o/iskra-mt172/
Old Jun 28th 2017, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EDP Tarrif Simples

What do you mean by the terms "the recording" and "both readings"?
Old Jun 28th 2017, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Hi Richard, the two readings are requested by the automatic recording when I call EDP to give the meter reading, the ask for the 'Vazio' (night time reading) and the 'Forra de Vazio' or 'Cheo' which is the daytime reading, this is contrary to what they say on the EDP site link I already suppled for the type of meter and the simple tarrif I am on.
There is no option to give only one reading as they say on the site link...so I want to know if anyone else has this type of meter and what reading they need to give to EDP as it appears way out to me when they add both together.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

OK. I have never phoned in a reading as I prefer to do it online - that way I have time and online translation tools on my side!

If you haven't already done so, I would recommend registering with EDP Online. This will provide you with a means to report your meter readings that is personalised for you. It will also allow you to review past readings, whether your own or as read by EDP and may help you to be sure you're reporting the correct numbers.

The newer meters tend to provide more information than might seem, at first glance, to be necessary. We have a bi-horária tariff but are required to submit 3 readings (Vazio, Ponta & Cheia), which our meter displays in sequence. EDP's billing system then adds the appropriate two of the readings together to give our normal and off-peak consumption. The extra reading gives EDP a little more information about our pattern of consumption but also allows us to make a more informed decision about whether to change from bi-horária to tri-horária or simples.

The meter (to which you linked earlier) can potentially offer 5 readings, though one may be a total of all the others! You need to note which code (0 - 5) accompanies which reading as it cycles through them. It will probably become clearer what information you are being presented. If you read the meter at bedtime and again in the morning you may be able to see if your meter is recording normal and off-peak consumption separately. If so, you will need to report the two readings. If you have only been reporting your consumption for one part of the day, you may be in for a painful (economic) shock when that is corrected.

If you have a grid-tied solar voltaic system that is capable of exporting its excess back to EDP (whether it is being sold to EDP or just given to them) you need to remember that with a 3-phase supply you may be buying electricity on one phase at the same time as giving away (or selling to EDP) on another phase. In an extreme case your panels might give you no benefit whatsoever.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks Richard,
yes I do understand the new meter and what the readings are via the codes, that though is the first problem, as the request on the phone recording requests two readings where the site (in the link) states only one reading for the simple tariff.
I will do as you say though and register to do this via the net and see what that brings, my wife is also going back to EDP in Sintra to ask them about the site info (1 reading only) V the requested info via the phone (2 readings)
The comment about the 3 phase is very interesting and may actually be the crux of all of this, my solar system counts the energy injected back to EDP (for free for now) and counts the energy received from them, but if there are issues with the phase selection for import and export this may explain what I am seeing, basically no real benefit despite generating 30 - 40 kwh per day and exporting on average 30%.
I need to get the solar guy back to check all this out in regard to the phases.
Old Jun 29th 2017, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Up date, Richard I did as you suggested and registered in the EDP site and went to make to meter reading in there, and guess what ?? when I select the type contador, I can only select 1.2 or 3, type 2& 3 are for bio hour and 3 hour, so I can only select type 1 (tariff simples as per my contract) there only appears 1 box for one reading, and per my earlier link to the type of Contador I have it should be the Fora de Vazio o Cheo.
This really needs to be clarified via EDP in there office...because a waste of time speaking to attendants on the phone, it is very confusing, call in the reading they ask for 2, go via their own site and only ask for 1, but like you said I need to know 100% so no surprises down the road.......or les chance of surprises.
Old Jun 29th 2017, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

If you are trying to submit a reading while logged in to EDP Online it won't ask what type of meter you have as it already knows! I submit mine by choosing the appropriate button on the right of the screen of the Os meus contratos section here or using the apps available for Android or iOS phones or tablets.

If you're in the right place you will also see historical readings for the meter(s) associated with your contract(s).
Old Jun 29th 2017, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

Confused dot com is alive and well and probably invented in Portugal, now I have found the site you are talking about and all the historical info, the other one was an edp site but https://www.edp.pt/pt/particulares/a...oLeituras.aspx not the one you said, that is really <snip> up as it also had our registration details and told me I was already registered etc....but I am going to wait now till I get home and go to EDP to try and figure this out, too confusing trying to have my wife resolve it while I am away and not knowing the whole picture, I will up date here on conclusion (assuming there ever is one)

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 1st 2017 at 9:50 am. Reason: Just taking one letter out doesn't make that word ok! Family friendly site and all that.......
Old Jul 2nd 2017, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

I have a new meter but cannot read the numbers as it is too dark even though I press all the buttons. I have to submit 3 numbers. Not even a torch helps.

Having fought with EDP for months about the "serviçoes" of €12 pm has finally paid off. They will refund me.