EDP contact

Old Sep 11th 2017, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

robcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default EDP contact

Is it possible to send an email query to EDP? On my bill it just shows telephone numbers in Portugal and I should imagine it would be a nightmare if my previous experience of Portuguese red tape is anything to go by!
Old Sep 11th 2017, 4:01 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EDP contact

Originally Posted by robcarolyn
Is it possible to send an email query to EDP? On my bill it just shows telephone numbers in Portugal and I should imagine it would be a nightmare if my previous experience of Portuguese red tape is anything to go by!
I have had to call EDP a few times and they always had someone available who spoke English.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

robcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
I have had to call EDP a few times and they always had someone available who spoke English.
What I really want them to confirm is how many times (twice?), if they cannot get to the meter to do a reading, do we get cut off. It happened once a few years ago and was costly to be reconnected.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

EDP takes my reading only 3 or 4 times a year and the rest of the readings are estimados. They will always send you an electronic bill and will only cut you off if you fail to pay. My estimados were over estimated so I have had a zero billing for the last 2 months.
Many property owners are not home for lengthy periods.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Yes we are read 4 times a year and I also send in monthly readings online. However when he was unable to gain access two consecutive times a few years ago we were cut off. I have found an EDP email address and have just asked the questions.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

AliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond repute

Can I ask how long it took for people to receive their first bill from EDP after they'd bought a property?
Ours seems to be taking an age.
Our first water bill was paid by direct debit but nothing seems to be happening with the electric.
Our lawyer is setting up the bills for us and just says these things take time but we bought in June! I'd hate to be cut off.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

Most months I forget to send my readings and they simply estimate it. One month I forgot to pay and 3 weeks after the due date they emailed me a reminder. They did not cut me off. They try to be nice as it is so easy to change to other providers.
I fail to see why you guys have problems.

EDP charged me about €8 pm for "Serviços" for some months that I only inquired about but never signed the contract. This was reversed with no problem at all.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

You mean they do not check it? We have a guy who checks it every other month from EDP on his moped.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

You mean they do not check it? We have a guy who checks it every other month from EDP on his moped.
No they cannot as there are just too many flats. Our block alone has 6 entrances with 5 levels each and 4 flats per level. This is a full day job just for our block and there are similar ones for miles in every direction.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

SilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really nice

Yes we are read 4 times a year and I also send in monthly readings online. However when he was unable to gain access two consecutive times a few years ago we were cut off. I have found an EDP email address and have just asked the questions.
EDP is legally entitled to cut off your supply if they repeatedly cannot have access to your property every three months.
Any retired neighbour can help you in telling you the day and the time that the technician passes your street.
If you have missed a couple of readings and are worried, you can call them and book an appointment for a reading. "Leitura Extraordinaria".
They will charge you, I paid just under €7 for a visit last year.

Last edited by SilviaAlgarve; Sep 13th 2017 at 10:48 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Silvia that is interesting. As we are rather "in the sticks" and our box is not at the roadside if we are not there at the time we have to leave our gate unlocked. Pity we cannot give them the key!
Old Sep 14th 2017, 12:10 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

...I pay my contract via DD, and last month EDP took a full 7 days beyond the date stated on their bill before they took the money.
Seems cash-flow isn't a big thing with them.
Just imagine EDF doing THAT!!! - it's to the nano-second with them!
Old Sep 15th 2017, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

SilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really nice

Thanks Silvia that is interesting. As we are rather "in the sticks" and our box is not at the roadside if we are not there at the time we have to leave our gate unlocked. Pity we cannot give them the key!
You are welcome.
It could be helpful if you made a booking for a reading and then explained to the person that turns up that you are not there for long periods of time as they usually have the same person doing the rounds (in my area anyway), so please don't cut me off, alternately you could ask a retired neighbour to open and lock your gate if it's not too much of a bother.
Old Sep 16th 2017, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

I realise that many people don't like them but perhaps you could request a smart meter that can be read remotely?