Ebay in Portugal

Old Feb 9th 2009, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ebay in Portugal

If you haven't got Ebay why not make use of the Freecycle service? Spread the word around and it will be worth joining. Since I joined my local one (in the UK) word has spread and there are now thousands of members.

http://www.uk.freecycle.org/ (to see what it's about)
http://www.freecycle.org/group/PT/Portugal

Faro only has 51 members at the moment but if everyone on here joined up and told their neighbours then it would be much more productive.

I'm not advertising anything, it's basically a form of recycling and it's free!

Gemma
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

scoobysteve is an unknown quantity at this point

Try this site its the closest thing to it,
http://leiloes.net

Regards
Steve
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

diskwizz is an unknown quantity at this point

Would be great to have a PT eBay thats for sure. But if you pm most sellers they are willing to send abroad if whatever is being sold is worth a fair amount.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Luso is an unknown quantity at this point

A PT Ebay would be terrific. Sellers on other Ebay sites do have some understandable reluctance to selling abroad but direct contact usually (not always) resolves this problem, which can be a tad frustrating.

So, yes...go for it!
Old Jun 9th 2009, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

I do actually have a copy f a similar script to eBay and was toying with the idea of setting one up myself.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 6:18 am
I.T Expert - Algarve

scott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by diskwizz
I do actually have a copy f a similar script to eBay and was toying with the idea of setting one up myself.
DO IT!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

Is there Paypal in PT?

How would you pay? I thought that you couldn't use a multibanco card like a switch card, you'd need to look into that and also if you could do it with Visa Electron as that could be an alternative.

G
Old Jun 11th 2009, 9:30 am
Just Joined

Shouldn't be a problem as paypal is widely available in PT.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Excellent that's good news for me and my little venture too, shall go ahead with using paypal on my website

I didn't know if it was used there or not.

G
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

Do you guys actually think there will be much call for an Expats Ebay? Would cost quite a few quid to set up...
Old Jun 11th 2009, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Dishin'upDigital is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Supremegermalene
Excellent that's good news for me and my little venture too, shall go ahead with using paypal on my website

I didn't know if it was used there or not.

G
If you accept PayPal, anyone with a credit card can pay you, even if they don't have a PayPal account. Nochex does the same. BUT watch the commission..... And I believe Multibanco card-holders can set up a payment- the method is described somewhere else on this forum, but it looks a bit cumbersome. Good luck with the venture- dare I ask??

Last edited by Dishin'upDigital; Jun 11th 2009 at 6:20 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Do you guys actually think there will be much call for an Expats Ebay? Would cost quite a few quid to set up...
Does it have to be just for expats? I'm sure PT people would want to use it too...

G
Old Jun 11th 2009, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Not at all...but I think they already have something similar. Sure I have seen that on another forum somewhere...probably here knowing my stupdity.
My question was more aimed at the point of...would it get used. I would be able to set it up with little problem but its hardly like I can go with a marketing campaign to Kiss FM or similar and throw money at it to get exposure.
As you can see by my post count I am a newbie here and just wondered if this was something that has been mentioned off n on in the past and would spread fairly quickly or not.
Is not much point creating it to find 2 books for auction and no viewers wanting books lol
Old Jun 11th 2009, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TrevorTronix
If you accept PayPal, anyone with a credit card can pay you, even if they don't have a PayPal account. Nochex does the same. BUT watch the commission..... And I believe Multibanco card-holders can set up a payment- the method is described somewhere else on this forum, but it looks a bit cumbersome. Good luck with the venture- dare I ask??
It's not a huge thing, I am going to start with selling fingerprint jewellery, I've attached an example of one I've recently made. Nice little idea for christenings (gift vouchers etc), birthday pressies, mothers day, fathers day etc. Will do pendants, charms for bracelets, cufflinks, keyrings etc.

G
Attached Thumbnails Ebay in Portugal-fp-double.jpg  
Old Jun 14th 2009, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of

Not at all...but I think they already have something similar. Sure I have seen that on another forum somewhere...probably here knowing my stupdity.
My question was more aimed at the point of...would it get used. I would be able to set it up with little problem but its hardly like I can go with a marketing campaign to Kiss FM or similar and throw money at it to get exposure.
As you can see by my post count I am a newbie here and just wondered if this was something that has been mentioned off n on in the past and would spread fairly quickly or not.
Is not much point creating it to find 2 books for auction and no viewers wanting books lol
Pete,

It has been tried a couple of times by expats.
Latest version - http://www.ayamonteauctionhouse.com/...ion/auction.pl
Previous one - http://www.sellbuy-pt.com/index.php
PT versions a bit busier
http://www.leiloes.pt/index.php
http://www.miau.pt/home.html
http://www.ocasiao.pt/

Good luck.

Mike.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.