Ebay in Portugal

Old Aug 9th 2008, 12:02 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ebay in Portugal

Originally Posted by TrevorTronix
Don't know if anyone's found www.leiloes.net . It in Portuguese, & strikes an uncanny resemblance to eBay. Could they be testing it out before putting their name to it?
Looks interesting trev
Old Aug 9th 2008, 8:01 am
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know if anyone's found www.leiloes.net . It in Portuguese, & strikes an uncanny resemblance to eBay. Could they be testing it out before putting their name to it?
Trevor many, many thanks I'm browsing it already, and maybe you are right about it being a precursor to eBay.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 6:07 am
Just Joined

ant334 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
I'm a portuguese living in manchester (oldham) for 2 years now. I don't mean be an intruder in your chats but i've been answering so many questions of portuguese people about how to set an PayPal account... SNIP... is the best place to try to do business it is a weekly newpaper (like LOOT) and they have also a website. The problem to do business in portugal is that ther's no such thing like PayPal because portuguse debit cards (I use to work in a bank before moved here) don't work like british ones!!! You can't buy e.g. tickets to fly or hire a car with them... this debit cards have lots of limitations and only few people hold a credit card (15% i supose).
So the trasactions are a bit hard and you need to phone sellers or receive calls from buyers... I know its not easy...but its the best you've get over there...and the adds are free (private adds)!!! you don't need to pay for them.
Despite all the constrains I feel that a business oportunity exists there because portuguese people are willingly to use ebay... the problem is just the payment method.
I've got a few ideas but time's short now because I'm studying here (Contruction/Project management/Quantity Surveying) at Huddersfield.
If anyone is struggling with any question just send me an email to:SNIP and I'll try to do my best answering...
Regards,
Antonio

Last edited by Cleri; Aug 16th 2008 at 11:39 am. Reason: Sorry no ads,and personal e mail not a good idea on open forums,members can contact you directly,thanks
Old Aug 16th 2008, 11:55 am
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ant334
Hi there,
I'm a portuguese living in manchester (oldham) for 2 years now. I don't mean be an intruder in your chats but i've been answering so many questions of portuguese people about how to set an PayPal account... SNIP... is the best place to try to do business it is a weekly newpaper (like LOOT) and they have also a website. The problem to do business in portugal is that ther's no such thing like PayPal because portuguse debit cards (I use to work in a bank before moved here) don't work like british ones!!! You can't buy e.g. tickets to fly or hire a car with them... this debit cards have lots of limitations and only few people hold a credit card (15% i supose).
So the trasactions are a bit hard and you need to phone sellers or receive calls from buyers... I know its not easy...but its the best you've get over there...and the adds are free (private adds)!!! you don't need to pay for them.
Despite all the constrains I feel that a business oportunity exists there because portuguese people are willingly to use ebay... the problem is just the payment method.
I've got a few ideas but time's short now because I'm studying here (Contruction/Project management/Quantity Surveying) at Huddersfield.
If anyone is struggling with any question just send me an email to:SNIP and I'll try to do my best answering...
Regards,
Antonio
Hi Antonio and welcome. Firstly you are not intruding, Anybody can post here and a newcomer is no less important than people who have posted thousands of times. Ooh! I really liked saying that.
Thanks for the input. We all need help and advice from a PT national quite often so you may get some takers on that.
Good luck with your studies.
PS. Watch out for Cleri she will have a lot of questions about wine.
Come to think of it, about anything that comes in a bottle that makes you sing.

Last edited by Nomad_H; Aug 16th 2008 at 11:57 am.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Hi Nomad, thanks for the feedback.
1st clue to to Cleri - a) She should try to find out the local "TABERNA", thats the kind of old portuguese pub were the addicteds to wine crowed. b) buy a "GARRAFÂO" of red wine - thats a 5 litre bottle with handle containing 1,1 UK gallon !!! c) choose the stuff that costs around 8€ d) invite the friends...

* that stuff much beter than the poison You can get from LIDL or similar & much cheaper.

regards,
Antonio
Old Aug 21st 2008, 2:52 pm
Getting younger every day

sagalaut has a reputation beyond reputesagalaut has a reputation beyond reputesagalaut has a reputation beyond reputesagalaut has a reputation beyond reputesagalaut has a reputation beyond reputesagalaut has a reputation beyond reputesagalaut has a reputation beyond reputesagalaut has a reputation beyond reputesagalaut has a reputation beyond reputesagalaut has a reputation beyond reputesagalaut has a reputation beyond repute

And another:
http://www.miau.pt/home.html
No good for buying cats though.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

probably the best in portugal:
http://www.ocasiao.pt/
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 3:08 am
Banned

Location: Goring-by-Sea,West Sussex, Algarve,Portugal and Cochin,Kerala
Blue_Max is an unknown quantity at this point

after having few problems, I feel safer to use eBay.co.uk
Old Aug 25th 2008, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Titleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond repute

paypal is not 100% 2 weeks ago had £20 taken from my bank account from somebody in the USA after a week paypal did refund my money, but as the saying goes be carefull with online banking.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Dishin'upDigital is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Titleist
paypal is not 100% 2 weeks ago had £20 taken from my bank account from somebody in the USA after a week paypal did refund my money, but as the saying goes be carefull with online banking.
To be fair, I've never had any problems with PayPal myself, but I have heard repeatedly that they are a nightmare to deal with when something does go wrong. If you shout loud enough at your bank, they may pursue it on your behalf (or simply refund you).
Old Nov 8th 2008, 11:43 am
Just Joined

mags and ian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cleri
Nomad found this petition,it would be great if we could finally get Ebay here.
Please sign it if you agree

http://www.petitiononline.com/ebaypt/petition.html
great news someone has finally thought to petition ebay
Old Nov 8th 2008, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

To be fair, I've never had any problems with PayPal myself, but I have heard repeatedly that they are a nightmare to deal with when something does go wrong. If you shout loud enough at your bank, they may pursue it on your behalf (or simply refund you).
I recently didn't receive something and got no response from the seller, raised a dispute with paypal and have had a refund with no complications.

You have to read their instructions very carefully though as for instance if you have to raise a dispute you then have to escalate it within 30 days if you have no response from the seller, it doesn't automatically get dealt with by paypal from the start.

HTH
G
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:54 pm
I.T Expert - Algarve

scott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the rough

AHHHHH I so want eBay.pt!!!!!!!
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Supremegermalene
I recently didn't receive something and got no response from the seller, raised a dispute with paypal and have had a refund with no complications.

You have to read their instructions very carefully though as for instance if you have to raise a dispute you then have to escalate it within 30 days if you have no response from the seller, it doesn't automatically get dealt with by paypal from the start.

HTH
G
Since this I have had duplicate payments taken from my account and varying advice from Paypal which has now ended in me being £65 out of pocket because the 45 day time limit is up. (and the original thing I ordered wasn't even for me!!!)

There must be some sort of paypal get round in Portugal as I have paid my subscription to algarve 123 by paypal?

G
Old Feb 6th 2009, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

dragonflyblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cleri
Nomad found this petition,it would be great if we could finally get Ebay here.
Please sign it if you agree

http://www.petitiononline.com/ebaypt/petition.html
Oh No, Not ebay......... im a shopaholic and my bank will kill me but im gona sign the petition anyway, (anyone no of any extra jobs to help pay for all the things i know im gonna buy. . . . or next wks wining lottery numbers... ) thanks for the link x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.