e cigarettes

Old Feb 7th 2018, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute
Default e cigarettes

Mod's :- please relocate this post ,if you feel it's out off place.

I know this may be posted on the wrong thread , but I'm trying to cut down on my smoking in a effort to stop & wondered if any body has used these , if so please supply your impressions & result's
thanks'
Ingles
Old Feb 7th 2018, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Ajmandon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: e cigarettes

.......works for me! A lot cheaper than tobacco, even at Portuguese prices. Got rid of "smokers cough". Lots of different "machines" to choose from and liquids to try, if at first you don't succeed!.....18mg is now the highest concentration you can buy in UK, 24mg was banned a year or so ago, don't know about Portugal. Personally I keep clear of all the different "flavours" and stick with "virginia tobacco", again each manufacturers "blend" differs. People do report initial throat dryness/irritation but I suspect these are as much to do with the changeover (soon goes) or because people think higher voltage means better result. Wrong, use the lowest setting that gives acceptable smoke otherwise all you do is burn, literally, the coil/wick/liquid!
Old Feb 7th 2018, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Thank's much appreciated
Old Feb 7th 2018, 4:33 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ajmandon
.......works for me! A lot cheaper than tobacco, even at Portuguese prices. Got rid of "smokers cough". Lots of different "machines" to choose from and liquids to try, if at first you don't succeed!.....18mg is now the highest concentration you can buy in UK, 24mg was banned a year or so ago, don't know about Portugal. Personally I keep clear of all the different "flavours" and stick with "virginia tobacco", again each manufacturers "blend" differs. People do report initial throat dryness/irritation but I suspect these are as much to do with the changeover (soon goes) or because people think higher voltage means better result. Wrong, use the lowest setting that gives acceptable smoke otherwise all you do is burn, literally, the coil/wick/liquid!
Works for me too. I was a heavy smoker for a long time, but have now been weed free for almost three years. It took me about ten days to transition.

It can require a fair amount of persistence to find your 'ideal' eliquid in terms of taste, throat irritation etc. I haven't found an off the shelf liquid that suits, but have been blending three different ones for a couple of years quite happily. My cough has gone, my sense of smell is well on the way back.

Good point on the power setting, I too stay as low as I can without impacting the taste.

It can be tricky finding what works for you, but persist, it's well worth it!

Any hints and tips needed, just shout. Good luck!
Old Feb 7th 2018, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Campanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really nice

There are a lot of different kinds out there and I found the pencil type ones unreliable leaking and faulty batteries. I have a chunky one now that you can alter the settings and buy new tanks in the vape shops. It’s been the best so far although the tank still leaks on the plane probably should empty it .
One of the newsagents/tobacco shops have started selling them in Gran Plaza , haven’t seen any vape shops yet
Old Feb 7th 2018, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Ajmandon is an unknown quantity at this point

...leaking on the plane.... yes, done that once, what a mess! I now make sure it is nearly empty,keep the tank in one of those sealed liguid bags with a tissue or two and try and keep it upside down, all to keep leakage to a minimum, if that makes sense! The cabin pressure changes play havoc otherwise.
The "pen" type are cheap and cheerful but after some trial and error I find them OK. Certainly a good starting point. I am careful to avoid the cheapest chinese knock off tank/coil assemblies, keep the thread/seal free of tissue lint and even rebuild the coils/wicks.......though my biggest problem is when it falls out of my pocket/off the sofa, they don't like that!
Old Feb 7th 2018, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

This has not taken on in Portugal for some strange reason. I have seen about 4 people vaping here in 3 years and seen the same number in 1 day in South Africa, UK and USA.

I have been vaping for 7 years after smoking for 30+years and can feel the benefits. Also I do my own mixing and get 500ml from Germany at a fraction of the cost of buying premixed 10 ml bottles that are sold here.

Some shops here still sell the old cigarlikes that just don't work.