Reload this Page >

Driving UK To Portugal with a dog

Driving UK To Portugal with a dog

Old Jul 11th 2015, 9:54 am
Just Joined

mammastallone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driving UK To Portugal with a dog

Hi,
Can anyone advise me on driving UK to Algarve. Plan to do it over a few days with a dog. Looking at the best route and any hotel/b&b dog friendly places.

Any advice appreciated.

thanks
Old Jul 11th 2015, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

brodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Driving UK To Portugal with a dog

I have driven backwards and forwards UK/Portugal with a dog since pet passports were introduced. My dogs have always been very comfortable in a car and will sit/lie for hours. I have come all ways, ferry to Spain, ferry to France and ferry to Belgium. The ferry to Spain is the least stressful (to me). If you say which way you intend coming I can point you to dog friendly hotels. I cannot remember where I saw this but in Spain your dog needs to be restricted in a car. Either in a cage or in the rear with a harness on that stops the dog being able to get in the front and distract the driver. Spanish police have rarely stopped me but they are very good at handing out large fines for non-compliance and they will not let you proceed till you sort out the complaint.