Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

dog on the 120 between Lagos / Aljezur

dog on the 120 between Lagos / Aljezur

Old Jul 21st 2017, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute
Default dog on the 120 between Lagos / Aljezur

I saw him there on my way to Lagos on Tuesday, and again on my way back; in the middle of nowhere, waiting for his human to return, he didn't move far from the place but I couldn't catch him.
Wednesday I returned with some water and food; and saw someone else had already left a container of water there.

Does anyone know what happened to the poor fellow?
Old Jul 21st 2017, 1:06 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dog on the 120 between Lagos / Aljezur

Originally Posted by liveaboard
I saw him there on my way to Lagos on Tuesday, and again on my way back; in the middle of nowhere, waiting for his human to return, he didn't move far from the place but I couldn't catch him.
Wednesday I returned with some water and food; and saw someone else had already left a container of water there.

Does anyone know what happened to the poor fellow?
Presumably, the "August abandonment" continues. No doubt, it will not be chipped or registered. For the life of me, I can't understand the mentality of those who still treat animals as disposable goods.

Rather like the people who dump a set of weaned puppies at our local kennel every year. The pups are healthy, have been kept just to the point of requiring care and then left as "someone else's problem". From the look of them, they come from the same parents..... and the same "owners". I guess it's better than just dumping them or killing them - but only just.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

A terrible spot he was left in too; no water for miles, fast moving traffic on a curvy section of road.
When I stopped to see if I could help him, I saw the skeleton of another dog on the other side of the guardrail.
There was also piles of tipped rubbish, human excrement, cigarette butts galore, etc.
The dog went to my car to see if it was the one he was waiting for, smelled it and then ran off into the bushes again.
I don't like to get involved in this sort of thing, but felt compelled to try in this case.
As someone else left some water for him, I suppose I'm not the only one; I hope the other person had more success than I did.
Old Jul 26th 2017, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Pilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the rough

I feel sad when I read that!

Those people are criminals! Those people will harm animals AND humans, because they have no feelings at all!