DID YOU KNOW?

Old Jul 31st 2015, 7:27 am
Smokn Joy

Munsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DID YOU KNOW?

Perhaps just telephone them? better results in Portugal, in my humble opinion
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

JacquiP is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=GeniB;11703777]As I suggested it..I will start it...A Did you know post of things produced by the Portuguese and sold either here or world wide

(1) CORK...For everything from wine stoppers to the lining of Mercedes cars and space craft
(2) TECHNOLOGY .the British Police use a system created in Portugal

(3) DESIGNER SHOES..Made in Madeira expensive shoes worn by the Dutchess
of Cambridge and her mother and sister at her wedding to Prince William,now
a much sort after brand
(3) Exquisitely woven wool blankets made in one of the 'Schist.Villages' sold WW
recently seen in the Atelier of Piet Van Eik..he of the reclaimed wooden
furniture fame (bought by Royalty)

Off to think of some more ..over to you...[/QUOTE)

They export Swede which you can buy in Tescos in the UK but you can't buy it out here!
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

newintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nice

They export Swede which you can buy in Tescos in the UK but you can't buy it out here!
Similarly, all through Spring in the UK they had the most amazing plump blueberries from Huelva in all the supermarkets at half the price of the very average ones sold in Portugal. Bizarre!
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 4:16 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newintavira
Similarly, all through Spring in the UK they had the most amazing plump blueberries from Huelva in all the supermarkets at half the price of the very average ones sold in Portugal. Bizarre!
We did see portuguese blueberries and other soft fruits in tescos but now in our local greengrocers we have British grown.
In tesco the blueberries are now from poland.
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Apples & Pears + Oranges in vast quantities all over EU & beyond.
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 9:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Biggest grower of Raspberries in Europe
Old Aug 4th 2015, 8:42 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB
Biggest grower of Raspberries in Europe
Not something those who live near some of the huge polytunnel complexes are happy with.
Old Aug 4th 2015, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Not something those who live near some of the huge polytunnel complexes are happy with.
Always a downside eh..a bit like our tourists next door,a necessary evil to bring the much needed cash in
Old Aug 4th 2015, 11:02 pm
EMR
Banned

Always a downside eh..a bit like our tourists next door,a necessary evil to bring the much needed cash in
Its the environmental damage caused to neighbouring land that is the cause of concern, massivd use lf water , chemicals etc
Old Aug 9th 2015, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EMR
Its the environmental damage caused to neighbouring land that is the cause of concern, massivd use lf water , chemicals etc

EMR I could recommend a book that would make your hair turn white ,toes curl, and wring your hands in despair ,but actually eventually feel better about those polytunnels.. here in Portugal We in Europe ,and especially Portugal are ignorant amateurs when it comes to the manipulation of both animals and crops,pollution of the land and the water. for mega bucks..We are killing our citizens in most parts of the so called civilized world,doing it with the full knowledge and backing of corrupted governments who are doing it for cash..

Be happy to live n one of the very few that still manages to cling on to some honestly produced food and drink
Old Aug 9th 2015, 12:31 pm
EMR
Banned

[QUOTE=GeniB;11719812]EMR I could recommend a book that would make your hair turn white ,toes curl, and wring your hands in despair ,but actually eventually feel better about those polytunnels.. here in Portugal We in Europe ,and especially Portugal are ignorant amateurs when it comes to the manipulation of both animals and crops,pollution of the land and the water. for mega bucks..We are killing our citizens in most parts of the so called civilized world,doing it with the full knowledge and backing of corrupted governments who are doing it for cash..

Be happy to live n one of the very few that still manages to cling on to some honestly produced food and drink [/QUOTe .

Unless you happen to be those who live close to the mega poly tunnel complexes.
Old Aug 9th 2015, 12:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=EMR;11719815]
EMR I could recommend a book that would make your hair turn white ,toes curl, and wring your hands in despair ,but actually eventually feel better about those polytunnels.. here in Portugal We in Europe ,and especially Portugal are ignorant amateurs when it comes to the manipulation of both animals and crops,pollution of the land and the water. for mega bucks..We are killing our citizens in most parts of the so called civilized world,doing it with the full knowledge and backing of corrupted governments who are doing it for cash..

Be happy to live n one of the very few that still manages to cling on to some honestly produced food and drink [/QUOTe .

Unless you happen to be those who live close to the mega poly tunnel complexes.

Duuuuh!!! Swop you 'my tourists from hell' for a week and we'll see which drives us mad first...Mine decided that a wild (read drunk) game of five aside pool football was suitable entertainment at 10 pm last night..little
kids included.Their (illegaly built villa) is less than 15 yds from our outdoor dining area..The pool is at the same level as our dining table.I'll let you guess at how much conversation we were 'allowed' to have or even hear.
Granted they do move.on.unlike the Polytunnels..but I never know what I am going to get next..whereas you do

On another subject entirely what did you think of the large British family group at a cafe in Carvoeiro who walked away from the Jazz night the other night without paying!!iIs that a first? Drunken guys yes...but a family??? yikes

Last edited by GeniB; Aug 9th 2015 at 12:44 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2015, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

sue2215 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just had a response from Ecola on Facebook regarding the throws. They confirmed that they do not have any shops in the Algarve. However they are exhibiting at the Lagoa Faticil 29th/30th August.
Old Aug 12th 2015, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sue2215
I just had a response from Ecola on Facebook regarding the throws. They confirmed that they do not have any shops in the Algarve. However they are exhibiting at the Lagoa Faticil 29th/30th August.
Thats brilliant Sue..i always go so I will look out for them and maybe try and encourage them to perhaps approach shops like Judy Clayton's in Almancil!! who knows.. Hope you find what you want
Old Aug 12th 2015, 4:42 pm
EMR
Banned

Thats brilliant Sue..i always go so I will look out for them and maybe try and encourage them to perhaps approach shops like Judy Clayton's in Almancil!! who knows.. Hope you find what you want
Really enjoyed the Fatacil when they had cover bands, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Abba and Queen come to mind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.