DID YOU KNOW?

Old Jul 21st 2015, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DID YOU KNOW?

Car's & Van's

Mais de 97% dos carros fabricados em Portugal vão para o estrangeiro | Econ�mico

To get rid off the bloody advert ,if it comes up,click on the up arrow on near the top on left hand side.
Old Jul 21st 2015, 2:00 pm
Smokn Joy

Munsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond repute

Look what I go from the farmer-family next door. They work all day every day on their leased 5 hectare.... I took a plate of homemade still hot, buttermilk biscuits with honey butter to say Hello, they gave me a watermelon and some potatoes. I looked longingly at their trucks full of things to sell to shops. So they offered to sell me a basket of produce.
Now, I get this basket 2xs per week for E8.00-E10.00 depending on what's in it, the Okra is more expensive for example. Sweet, delicious and such kind folk...oh yes they don't speak any English and me (shame)not any Portuguese (yet).
Attached Thumbnails DID YOU KNOW?-farmers-veggies-melons.jpg  
Old Jul 21st 2015, 2:38 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

We have had, lemons, oranges, assorted fruits and veg, freshly made bread , fish caught ealier in the day, even a bottle of local hoch.
OH has made cakes in return with requests from their children to make them for their bitrthday parties
Those who live among Brits, shop in Brit shops and only use Brit tradesmen do not know what they are missing.
Old Jul 21st 2015, 3:01 pm
Smokn Joy

Munsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, EMR its a completely different (and a preferred) Portuguese experience to be here in 'The Camp' along the Rio Formosa banks between orchards and farms with few folk speaking English then in the apartment in Cabanas.

Now the farmers are helping me, till the land, lay the plastic, add the manure and install the irrigation system for PENNIES on the pound for what I would pay in ANY other western country I've ever lived in. I thought I was going to have to do this myself and I was hesitant with this amount of work by hand in the Sun. They have automatic machines, wow. Now I can plant my 700+ Mexican Chili starts correctly. They might even live and produce some chilis.
Every time we pass each other on the dirt road they/we stop and chat...in different languages ...funny that we seem to understand each other with gestures and such.
I met both an Irish and English person who've owned apartment in our complex for over 8-years. Other then Obrigada and such not a whit of Portuguese do they speak .....hmmm. Come slap me with a pie if I'm not speaking conversational Portuguese this time next year. It's my duty if I'm going to live here , so I think.
Old Jul 23rd 2015, 2:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Cont= after short break to view apartments with YD and attend Portuguese lesson

Azulejos (Tiles) sent worldwide

Tile ..Jewellery ditto

Fashion Design..Some of the best up and coming designers selling in Harrods,Barney's Harvey Nicks etc

Ginjuha- Cherry Liquer . Favourite of many abroad

Olive Oil..Still considered the best in the world by many an aficionado Julia Cesar made his considerable fortune (among other things) from growing and shipping olive oil from the Beja region .The UK was surprisingly his no 1 client. ..Ironic as he used that fortune to buy an army and invade Britain

Well done Munster that produce looks amazing, you'll be fluent in no time
Old Jul 23rd 2015, 2:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

p.s The Brits probable used the oil as lamp oil..Apparantly Portugal had a huge trade in it with India for just that purpose
Old Jul 23rd 2015, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Vista Alegre porcelain, in business since 1824.

Vista Alegre: Porcelana, Cristal desde 1824

I was very happy to find my dinner set on sale in El Corte Inglés, Malaga, at 60% off. Lovely quality and some very nice designs.

One of our bathroom suites came from Portugal too, made by Sanitana.

Last edited by Lynn R; Jul 23rd 2015 at 3:18 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2015, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Love some of those products Lynn R..We bought some crystal here in The Algarve last summer in the sale.

ECOLA - Hand woven stunning blankets and throws made in neutral colours with jazzy designs 100% natural fibres.Sold world wide (big In Japan and Nordic countries) amongst other items..They work from out a tiny factory in the Estrela Mountains along the lovely Schist Trails
Old Jul 29th 2015, 8:05 am
Just Joined

sue2215 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been looking for some decent throws for a while now. Do you where you can buy the hand woven throws in the Algarve?
Old Jul 29th 2015, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sue2215
I've been looking for some decent throws for a while now. Do you where you can buy the hand woven throws in the Algarve?
I bought mine in Lisbon Sue.I really don't know of any shops that sell them in the Algarve.However you might try Zara Home,they are using more Portuguese made products. Maybe a walk around Faro as well as there are one or two more interesting shops springing up
Old Jul 29th 2015, 10:51 am
Smokn Joy

Here is the ECOLA website: Ecolã Portugal
and FACEBOOK:
https://www.facebook.com/EcolaPortug...=page_internal
Old Jul 29th 2015, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the information. I'll have a look in the areas suggested.
Old Jul 29th 2015, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes Munster I had been on the websites unfortunately they don't say where the shops are,only some suppliers (could be anywhere in the world) It would seem it's a matter of ordering online,or trawling the shops Good Luck Sue
Old Jul 31st 2015, 7:14 am
Smokn Joy

just curious, did you call them and ask for local shops or?
Old Jul 31st 2015, 7:21 am
Just Joined

I have messaged Ecola via Facebook.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.