Dehumidifiers

Old Jan 10th 2007, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

vdtfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dehumidifiers

Any thoughts on how to use them properly?
Plug in for a few hours per room or
Plug in for 24 hours per room:scared:
I've been advised to do both
Old Jan 11th 2007, 7:48 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dehumidifiers

Originally Posted by vdtfan
Any thoughts on how to use them properly?
Plug in for a few hours per room or
Plug in for 24 hours per room:scared:
I've been advised to do both
We put ours on overnight in the spare bedrooms,and during the day in the bedroom we sleep in,so roughly about 12 hours in each.We just guaged it by how much water was coming out.if its getting full quick,increase the time you use it,if its on 12 hours and still not full..........decrease the time of course.
oooo and dont forget to leave the wardrobe doors open whilst its on,thats where most people have a problem.

Last edited by Cleri; Jan 11th 2007 at 7:58 am.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

violets'n'vanilla will become famous soon enough

Hi guys,

Can I ask a stupid question?
Are you using the dehumidifiers because of:
the winter?
the calor gas?
the daily temperature?
etc?

When we lived in Singapore we found that as it was always hot and damp that shoes went green, rust marks appeared on cotton clothing, suitcases went very strange with must etc. Do you suffer these same problems all around the year or is this a winter thing because of burning a fire?
Sorry if you think that I'm dense, but it's just another snippet of information. And are the units expensive compared to the Uk prices to buy in PT?

ttfn
Old Jan 14th 2007, 12:40 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by violets'n'vanilla
Hi guys,

Can I ask a stupid question?
Are you using the dehumidifiers because of:
the winter?
the calor gas?
the daily temperature?
etc?

When we lived in Singapore we found that as it was always hot and damp that shoes went green, rust marks appeared on cotton clothing, suitcases went very strange with must etc. Do you suffer these same problems all around the year or is this a winter thing because of burning a fire?
Sorry if you think that I'm dense, but it's just another snippet of information. And are the units expensive compared to the Uk prices to buy in PT?

ttfn
Its only in the winter,due to the close proximity to the sea and the humidity in the air.
Stuff in the wardrobes does go musty if you are not careful,ie spots on leather shoes etc,We are lucky with our house,its pretty good,alot of the older houses have problems.
I paid 80 euros for our unit,I dont know how much they are in Uk.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

violets'n'vanilla will become famous soon enough

Hi Clerigogirl,

Thanks for that info, I had a quick look on the internet and this link says over £100 per unit: http://www.airtreatment.co.uk/index....2cbc7899e7dd45

So looks like you have the best deal.

If the older houses have plastered walls inside and the roof lined, will they still have the damp problem? Sorry for so many questions... I saw a house made of schist it looks quite nice but know nothing of what it will be like. Any ideas?

ttfn