courier blues

Old Apr 17th 2017, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: courier blues

Originally Posted by peterfc
Hi Genie

Yes I read all the posts but at the end of the day on Amazon you can change your delivery address. That's a lot better than waiting in all day for a delivery that the driver may not want to find your address.

I couldn't run my business if I was not in control of all aspects from order to delivery. I have three delivery places. In the UK I get multi items sent to one of two Addresses and then send a courier to collect and deliver to me. Amazon have these addresses depending where I want Amazon to deliver my parcel I just tell Amazon and they deliver to the address I want.

Who is in control of your deliver you are them.

Peter
I have to agree with you Peter.. Annoyingly I am seemingly not allowed to use my proper address..but give them any old shop in town... How bizarre is that..
Can't fight their system though.. So as i have just posted I won't use Amazon again
Old Apr 17th 2017, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB
I have to agree with you Peter.. Annoyingly I am seemingly not allowed to use my proper address..but give them any old shop in town... How bizarre is that..
Can't fight their system though.. So as i have just posted I won't use Amazon again
Hi Genib

Use Amazon but get delivery to a local bar and enjoy a drink when you collect your next parcel.

Peter
Old Apr 18th 2017, 9:42 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Genib

Use Amazon but get delivery to a local bar and enjoy a drink when you collect your next parcel.

Peter
All my deliveries go to the local taverna (when they arrive.....) It's a stone's-throw from the IC1 and opposite my postbox. Given the issues I've had getting even that to work, I'd never try delivery to my house!
Old Apr 18th 2017, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

When we first arrived, our postal address was a local taverna; but as we don't drink or eat out, they were soon getting weary of us.

I shifted our address to pick up at the post office just before the tavern closed down.
Of course, couriers can't deliver to the post office.

Wait! DHL left a parcel for me there. I queried the post person about that and we both had to laugh; Obrigado, works for me I said.
Old Apr 18th 2017, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Genib

Peter

Yep ..like the old days it seems the only way here
Old Apr 18th 2017, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AND... despite a lengthy conversation this morning with the receptionist at SEUR.. in Portuguese---

Nope she didn't know where our parcel was.. Nope she had no idea if a delivery had indeed been made ,( twice )to our address. Nope she didn't know if it would be delivered to our address today. AND Nope they didn't take mobile/home phone numbers.

My OH said 'you must enjoy your job immensely Senhora'
Old Apr 19th 2017, 5:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Are you sitting comfortable? Then I will begin

There once was a very naughty delivery company who told it's clients.. very big companies like err.. Amazon for instance.,that it could take on their business..which was BIG and deliver goods to their customers all over the Algarve... Aaaaah

The only thing was... They couldn't because in reality this company was a mom and pop store in a lock up, in the middle of nowhere, a long way into the outskirts of Faro

We know this because we gave up in despair this morning of ever receiving our parcel and drove to Faro ,to go winkle them out and demand an explanation for the non delivery . Despite their telling Amazon that they had tried THREE TIMES to deliver it..A total lie...

OOOPS I am just going to break off for a second because would you believe it.. The SEUR van has just arrived.at 17.40 pm. SEVEN whole days after the date promised by Amazon Yeah !!! I love a happy ending

to continue..... We went to find SEUR.. what a palava The vaguest directions on the web, We landed in the middle of some orange grove. Finally stopped a 'postie' and asked him where they were.. Scratched his head and said he thought it might be way back on a special estate on the other side of the motorway... Indeed it was .. Totally unmarked apart from the mysterious name MARF... which turned out to be a gated estate for Faro logistics off junction 14...

Warehouses with trucks outside. A couple of circuits of the complex and we finally found an obscure metal door with a number on it , which matched the no on the SEUR.. website (The one SEUR Truck we saw was parked outside a base for Chronopost.. which we later learned belonged to SEUR. Nowhere near this office though)
Inside the shed ,the size of an aircraft hanger we found a tiny office with a very nice and friendly young woman (and two men doing nothing).. Indeed, she explained our parcel could not be delivered because we had given an apartado no... when we explained that that had been no problem for Amazon for all of 5 yrs using CTT.. She smiled and said ..'not with us.. we cannot leave post at the post office (we knew this but wanted to hear her version) Ok we said so you have informed Amazon that you can't deliver to apartado numbers... Um No. Why? That is up to you the client.. We have no control over which courier Amazon uses. We also cannot contact them to find out .. Oh!! That seemingly stumped her..
Moving on... Wouldn't it therefore be sensible for her to be able to contact clients via their mobile phone? No we don't do that.. why? We just don't do that. OKAAAY
Where is our parcel now.? Its in Lagos being delivered to your house. (we had changed the address after the second fictious delivery notice.) aaghghhhhh.

Why? We sent you a message yesterday saying we would pick up the parcel here at your office... Oh! well our email information comes from our office either in Madrid or even France! We never got it., but you can call Jose and see where he is... He was in Maia praia .. We arranged to be back for 4pm to let him in..
As you can see from above.. Jose managed to make it to Luz for 17.40 pm.. A very jolly man .he said the people in the offices were all rubbish. Indeed. you can reach customer services by ringing the number on the website, but they are not reliable..(they wouldn't give OH the number to ring for the Faro office) The Faro office doesn't have an official phone no so you can't ring them.anyway . Jeeeezzzz

Jose is a lovely man .. He said 'just use my mobile no.. any problems call me.'.. I am guarding that no with my life......THE END
Old Apr 20th 2017, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

all will be well, if the next parcel also comes the same way, and your new friend Jose is the driver.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice

Old Apr 24th 2017, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Having received a package on it's scheduled date - delivered by SEUR a few days ago cheered to receive an email this morning from them telling me the delivery will happen today , some three days after they had delivered it.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

I've had that too...
I had a delivery from chronopost the other day, he phoned and asked directions to my house, came by soon after.

It's always different, sometimes it goes great and other times not.
I think it depends on the particular driver that happens to be working your area that day.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by liveaboard
I've had that too...
I had a delivery from chronopost the other day, he phoned and asked directions to my house, came by soon after.

It's always different, sometimes it goes great and other times not.
I think it depends on the particular driver that happens to be working your area that day.
It makes it more interesting when you find out that SEUR and Chronopost are the same people,but one can deliver on time to the right address,and the other can't
Mad as a box of frogs!
Old Apr 25th 2017, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Lentisc is an unknown quantity at this point

I personally just wish that who ever the courier service is, they would deliver in business hours, just like the shop I wish it to be delivered to. Delivery at 8:30pm is unreasonable.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lentisc
I personally just wish that who ever the courier service is, they would deliver in business hours, just like the shop I wish it to be delivered to. Delivery at 8:30pm is unreasonable.
Another 'catch22' methinks..Just when some people thought they had it nailed