COUNCIL TAX INFO

Old Jul 11th 2007, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

CHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to all
Cool COUNCIL TAX INFO

Have just received our excemption letter for the above and at the moment it is still 6 years.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 10:47 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: COUNCIL TAX INFO

Originally Posted by CHOPPER
Have just received our excemption letter for the above and at the moment it is still 6 years.
Great news. But am I right in thinking you have to be resident to claim? And how did you go about it?
Old Jul 11th 2007, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to all
Cool Re: COUNCIL TAX INFO

You get your lawyer to organise it and it must be within 6 months of you buying a PERMANANT home.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:28 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

To for that Chopper
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:06 am
Time is always a problem

jogl will become famous soon enoughjogl will become famous soon enough
Default Re: COUNCIL TAX INFO

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog
To for that Chopper
Could one of you explain the council tax situation to me. I'm not sure I understand what you are on about.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:26 am
C'est la vie

Originally Posted by jogl
Could one of you explain the council tax situation to me. I'm not sure I understand what you are on about.
As I understand it if you are a resident and buy a new property you are exempt from council tax for certain number of years. The period depends on the price of the property. Have I got that right guys?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cool Re: COUNCIL TAX INFO

My wifes relatives property is 200000 euros more than ours and they got the same so I do not think the price comes into it, as long as it is your permanent home and not holiday home.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 3:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: COUNCIL TAX INFO

My wife and I also have exemption arranged by my solicitor. I believe (though could be wrong) that it only applies to your first purchase over here, it must be your primary / permanent residence, you must have residencia and you must apply within 6 months of said purchase.

My wife and I still got tax demands recently which we have been advised to "file and forget" - I guess the "collection" wheels are better greased than the "exemption" wheels

Value of the property is not an issue - this affects the amount of tax you pay at such times as you have to pay it.

I think there are also exemptions for new-build (as opposed to resale).

Graeme