Vets in Portugal

Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:33 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vets in Portugal

I am wondering if anyone on the Portugal forum can help me. We live in Ayamonte just across the border in Spain and have a little Maltese terrier. He is having big problems at the moment with his knee caps and they keep popping out. This happened in the uk but very rarely but now its happening daily sometimes up to 6 times a day. The vet in Ayamonte is very good but I cant seem to get her to understand the amount of pain he is in. Anyway, the top and bottom of it is that he needs an operation. The thing is we need to go to Seville for it, I thought I would post on the Portugal forum in the hope that someone knew of a good english speaking vet that would be nearer for us as my dog doesnt travel very well let alone after an operation.

Regards Sam
Old Oct 30th 2006, 11:55 am
Digging the tunnel

langkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to all
Default Re: Vets in Portugal

You know I am sure there is an English vet down in Almancil, which isn't too far for you to drive. Check the Algarve Resident if you can get it or the Portugal News (free English speaking newspaper) as they advertise in there.

Kate
Old Oct 30th 2006, 12:14 pm
Digging the tunnel

langkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to all

okay, Sam, I have been doing a little research, which has taken me away from my Year 2 Portuguese homework, but I have found the guy I was thinking of - he is in Loule, which isn't such a long drive on the A22 for you.

Dr Steve Wright, Sitio do Torrajao Areeiro, P-8100-225 Loule is the address and the telephone number is 00 351 289 413 449. He has an email address but no website as far as I can ascertain.

It may be worth having a chat to him. I cannot bear the thought of your little darling in pain.

With much love

Kate

Last edited by jdr; Oct 30th 2006 at 3:05 pm. Reason: Please dont post email addresses he wont thank you if he gets spammed
Old Oct 30th 2006, 1:58 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by langkate
okay, Sam, I have been doing a little research, which has taken me away from my Year 2 Portuguese homework, but I have found the guy I was thinking of - he is in Loule, which isn't such a long drive on the A22 for you.

Dr Steve Wright, Sitio do Torrajao Areeiro, P-8100-225 Loule is the address and the telephone number is 00 351 289 413 449. He has an email address of , but no website as far as I can ascertain.

It may be worth having a chat to him. I cannot bear the thought of your little darling in pain.

With much love

Kate
Thanks very much Kate, I have just got in and read your post. I will give him a call in a few minutes. I will let you know the outcome. Thanks again.

Sam

Last edited by jdr; Oct 30th 2006 at 3:06 pm. Reason: remove email address