Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Check fixed internet coverage by address online?

Check fixed internet coverage by address online?

Old Jan 27th 2018, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Midgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Check fixed internet coverage by address online?

Hi

I have used an online checker to see which fixed internet (i.e. not satellite or 3 or 4G) speeds are available at a given address before.

But now I can't find it and NOS & MEO sites are such complex places that I cant find it anymore

Edit: me being daft for MEO but still cant find NOS one)
Edit 2: but you have to put your mobile number in for MEO and...... "Os dados pessoais por si facultados serão tratados para efeitos de marketing, designadamente, para futuro contacto sobre cobertura/viabilidade do serviço MEO na morada indicada"
Bugger that

I want to see what are our internet options in our new house

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks

Last edited by Midgo; Jan 27th 2018 at 8:34 am.
Old Jan 27th 2018, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Check fixed internet coverage by address online?

I can't verify the accuracy but would https://opensignal.com/networks help?
Old Jan 27th 2018, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyj is an unknown quantity at this point

This is the section on the MEO page which allows you to test the speed. I actually can't get it to work at the moment, but that may be a temporary glitch.

https://www.meo.pt/internet/internet-fixa/cobertura
Old Jan 29th 2018, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Midgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond repute

I can't verify the accuracy but would https://opensignal.com/networks help?

Thanks, but that is for mobile networks as far as I can see
Old Jan 29th 2018, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

This is the section on the MEO page which allows you to test the speed. I actually can't get it to work at the moment, but that may be a temporary glitch.

Thanks, but that's the page where you have to put in your tlm number
Last time I just talked to MEO using my phone I had 3 or 4 marketing calls per day for months on end

EDIT: Brainwave! Put in a false tlm number!

Now I know my new house will have fibre
Although the reason why I last phoned MEO and then had loads of marketing calls was because someone who said they were from MEO rang our doorbell at our present address and said we could now get fibre and that I should call MEO
When I called MEO they said that there was no fibre at my address and when asked said that the person who rang my doorbell was subcontracted but 'did not work for MEO'
Funny how companies consider that a valid excuse these days.

Last edited by Midgo; Jan 29th 2018 at 7:04 am. Reason: Update
Old Jan 29th 2018, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

I used the title of the MEO page to do a search with NOS - 'Teste de cobertura NOS'

Cobertura NOS - NOS

No tlm number input required

They only have satellite for the new house
Old Jan 30th 2018, 8:24 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Midgo

Thanks, but that's the page where you have to put in your tlm number
Last time I just talked to MEO using my phone I had 3 or 4 marketing calls per day for months on end

EDIT: Brainwave! Put in a false tlm number!

Now I know my new house will have fibre
Although the reason why I last phoned MEO and then had loads of marketing calls was because someone who said they were from MEO rang our doorbell at our present address and said we could now get fibre and that I should call MEO
When I called MEO they said that there was no fibre at my address and when asked said that the person who rang my doorbell was subcontracted but 'did not work for MEO'
Funny how companies consider that a valid excuse these days.
MEO claims I have fibre at my postcode too - I very much doubt it. I may just answer one of their endless calls to ask them to supply it. if they can, I'll happily eat my words, but otherwise it will give me another reason to tell them to go away....
Old Feb 5th 2018, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

'never trust anything' is a good adage around here