Car buying

Old Jun 7th 2017, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

rollermum83 is on a distinguished road
Default Car buying

I'm off to look at a car for sale by a local resident later today. Apart from all the usual things to look out for what paperwork do I need to make sure I have from him if I decide to buy?
Do I have to do change of ownership etc like in the UK and do you send it off or take it somewhere to be processed.🙄
Old Jun 7th 2017, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car buying

Originally Posted by rollermum83
I'm off to look at a car for sale by a local resident later today. Apart from all the usual things to look out for what paperwork do I need to make sure I have from him if I decide to buy?
Do I have to do change of ownership etc like in the UK and do you send it off or take it somewhere to be processed.🙄
There is an old thread " Buying a Used car in Tavira/Cabanas" which is worth reading, lots of good information.
Try the search box and you should find it - I think it is a couple of years old
Old Jun 8th 2017, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rollermum83
Do I have to do change of ownership etc like in the UK and do you send it off or take it somewhere to be processed.� ����
Ideally you'll go and get the documents changed over with the seller at your local conservatorio, IMTT or a solicitor(many of them also deal with this online), this way should there be some problem you'll know there and then if everything is in order.

Any seller should be keen to do this too so they know the car is no longer in their name, if they are hesitante about doing so, alarm bells should ring.
Old Jun 8th 2017, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Jonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to all

You can do the paperwork at the Citizens Shop, top floor in Tavira Gran plaza. Takes 10 minutes. Both buyer and seller need to go.
Old Jun 8th 2017, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jonny22
You can do the paperwork at the Citizens Shop, top floor in Tavira Gran plaza. Takes 10 minutes. Both buyer and seller need to go.
If the paperwork is filled in/signed and there are copies of I.D etc then to change over ownership, neither needs to be present although certainly preferable, should there be some issue.

Document required:
http://www.irn.mj.pt/sections/irn/a_...=1217232046.45
Old Jun 11th 2017, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

rollermum83 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for everyone's input I have now purchased a car and got through the process without stress 😎