Bpi banking

Old Jun 20th 2017, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Simon the builder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bpi banking

Hi, I'm very new to this sort of thing and wanted to ask some advice on setting up my online banking in Portugal
I have a BPI account and have put in most of the relevant passwords then it asks me for a 4 digit code that's on an orange card that came with my debit card, my question is " which number " how do I find the correct prompt ?
Unfortunately it's all in Portuguese and I'm struggling a bit
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Best regards
Simon
Old Jun 20th 2017, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

SilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really nice
Default Re: Bpi banking

Originally Posted by Simon the builder
Hi, I'm very new to this sort of thing and wanted to ask some advice on setting up my online banking in Portugal
I have a BPI account and have put in most of the relevant passwords then it asks me for a 4 digit code that's on an orange card that came with my debit card, my question is " which number " how do I find the correct prompt ?
Unfortunately it's all in Portuguese and I'm struggling a bit
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Best regards
Simon
I am not 100% sure but I think that you have to input the coordinates of the card that came with the debit card that the site asks to activate your account. This is a one-off action. If "Google Translate" doesn't help then you can 📞them or visit a branch if you are in Portugal.
Please note that most Portuguese banks now charge "maintenance charges" including BPI.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 5:31 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Does it not say "Co-ordenada no x" (where x is a 3 digit number) next to an input box?

If so, you simply type in the 4 digit code immediately to the right of that on your card.

If not, what is the prompt?
Old Jun 21st 2017, 5:35 am
Just Joined

Simon the builder is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the replies , I'm going to Portugal on Wednesday , so I will pop into their branch and sort it out
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

That orange card is for when you make an online payment then it will give you a 3 digit code that you must compare on the orange card that will reference it to a 4 digit code. This 4 digit code is what you must use for the payment.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

AllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond repute

I had a lot of trouble when I started, what made it worse was that their system went wrong and it took them 2 weeks to fix it. This made my renovation program late, so when is was working again I got onto the branch and got them to run through it with me.

When I returned to Portugal I find they have closed my local branch.

If yours is still open go in and get them to sort it...if they can???
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

SilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ukkram
That orange card is for when you make an online payment then it will give you a 3 digit code that you must compare on the orange card that will reference it to a 4 digit code. This 4 digit code is what you must use for the payment.
Thanks for explaining that, the only card that I remember receiving with the debit card was the one that I mentioned above, can't remember the colour because it was many years ago and I have never made an online payment from that account.