Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Biggest expat communities

Biggest expat communities

Old Apr 29th 2013, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

daisyman1951 will become famous soon enough
Default Biggest expat communities

Hello, where are the largest brit expat communities in the Algarve. I'm not trying to avoid them I think I might need them! Thank you
Old Apr 29th 2013, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biggest expat communities

Hi Daisyman

Just a little North of the Algarve there are plenty of Expats in fact the place is full of them. Google Earth and put in UK.

You will soon find plenty.

Serious are you afraid of the locals or of how you will cope with not being ale to speak Portuguese?

Or could it be you want to avoid the Expats?

Peter " Dreams can come true "
Old Apr 29th 2013, 11:55 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Biggest concentration anywhere between Faro and Carvoeiro. But you will find Expats anywhere in the Algarve.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Campanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really nice

Maybe wants to exploit them.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 2:45 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daisyman1951
Hello, where are the largest brit expat communities in the Algarve. I'm not trying to avoid them I think I might need them! Thank you
perhaps they are hiding because they don't want any more expats talking to them
Old Apr 30th 2013, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

daisyman1951 will become famous soon enough

Thank you everyone including the cynics. Many years ago I was posted to Saudi Arabia and given accomodation well away from any support. The first 3/6 months were un-believably tough as I struggled with the language and customs learning from the very few locals that had a smattering of english. They were nice people but I felt extremely vulnerable.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of

As you were looking at the East Algarve you will be OK. Plenty of support in the area but you can also experience local life too.
Old May 1st 2013, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

steve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud of

Ex pats in every main resort all along the Algarve.
Also 90%+ of the Portuguese in the Algarve speak some English and are the most helpful and friendly race i've ever encountered.
The are many forums on the internet specific to towns in the algarve
Albufueira, Carvoeiro, Lagos etc - do a search on areas you're interested in.