Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Auto matriculation.... I know....again!

Auto matriculation.... I know....again!

Old Jul 2nd 2015, 7:13 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Auto matriculation.... I know....again!

Originally Posted by Munsterfan
Yup all correct, me listening with an alert ear.............. BUT I need the CCs to pull the caravan....WHAT TO DO? Maybe just park the caravan and not let 2-4 weeks travel dictate choices on a high ticket item.
Won,t you still need to matriculate the caravan ??
Old Jul 2nd 2015, 9:28 pm
Smokn Joy

Munsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond repute

well yes I guess so...but we may just take it back to Ireland. It's not French. Bought this beauty sight-unseen online and had it delivered onto the Ferry boat in Ireland which we met in France...funny this life, eh?
Old Jul 2nd 2015, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Munsterfan
Yup all correct, me listening with an alert ear.............. BUT I need the CCs to pull the caravan....WHAT TO DO? Maybe just park the caravan and not let 2-4 weeks travel dictate choices on a high ticket item.
Think your going need to bite the bullet, sell what you have and be prepared to stump up another 4-5k or be buy something 4-5 years older if you want to get another like you have. Sickening but You have to get your head round the high prices here and accept that's how it is.
I took a drop of nearly 300bhp when I first moved here, so I feel your pain!
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 6:02 am
Smokn Joy

Munsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Gedscottish this is just the cost of choosing to live in this warm, dry, sun, friendly folks, affordable, modest living in nearly all other ways. And with the Internet and Amazon etc., we can even get local high cost goods at an affordable price (bought on Amazon Laptop battery for 12sterling + shipping same battery here 61Euros) And to be honest I think we've lost interest in puckn around pulling the big fat caravan and having to camp in campgrounds (at least 'I' have now MePat's another story). It's not like the Western United States (Oregon to Alaska my ole' stompn' grounds) where you can just pack up some supplies, head off up a forest service road, then down some no-name dirt road for a few hours, find a remote sweet trout filled lake and set up camp for a while, relaxing, hiking, catch'n fish 'n kill'n flies, listen' to the high call of hawks 'n the even'n breeze, but then there are the bears....always sump'n! a
This morning I woke up in my little 'no-neighbours' campsite, to diesel motors of the fishing boats, (and the distant farm-dogs), the sun was just hiding behind lavender dawn skies, full moon on the horizon, the blue sea across the view, wind buck'n up some dust but a cool wind, with milky coffee in hand and trusty dog at my side I sat and watched the sun come up. Life is Good in spite of matriculation woes........
So the Sante Fe goes back to France, we buy a PT car and live in peace and so ends another adventure on UKExpats. Thanks all for your advice and opinions.