Reload this Page >

Applying for the Marriage Allowance

Applying for the Marriage Allowance

Old Mar 2nd 2015, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

1711JohnB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for the Marriage Allowance

Hi All

Just thought that I would send this link to the HMRC website where you can log your interest in obtaining this allowance. Basically you can transfer some of your earnings to your wife if she does not use her full entitlement of £10,600.00 from the start of this tax year and reduce your tax liability by up to £212.00 pa.

Not much but better in my pocket (or my wife's as I'm sure I will not see it) than in the coffers of HMRC.

gov.uk/marriageallowance

I suppose it may be a bit sexist just reading it again as the wife could have more than the husband and so the roll will be reversed.

Kind regards

John
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all
Default Re: Applying for the Marriage Allowance

Reminds me of the wise old Indian shopkeeper when asked why he does not employ someone to work the till instead of his wife.
His answer was..."No because if money goes missing, I know my wife will spend it on me".
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

1711JohnB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applying for the Marriage Allowance

Hi Ukram

Gave me a good laugh that. Even if it is for a pair of shoes for herself you still end up on the winning side.

John