Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Anyone Live Around Ourique in Beja Province

Anyone Live Around Ourique in Beja Province

Old Mar 30th 2007, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

camogirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone Live Around Ourique in Beja Province

We moved to PT Dec-06 and live in a village 10 minutes from Ourique.
Our son attends the local school in Ourique. He is absolutley loving school. He prefers it to school in the UK.
Anyone need help in getting your child(ren) into the local school let me know. I can inform you on what documents are needed, etc.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

BozQuick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by camogirl
We moved to PT Dec-06 and live in a village 10 minutes from Ourique.
Our son attends the local school in Ourique. He is absolutley loving school. He prefers it to school in the UK.
Anyone need help in getting your child(ren) into the local school let me know. I can inform you on what documents are needed, etc.

Hello Camogirl,

We've just returned today from PT, after 4 days looking further around the Ourique area, finding any English speaking lawyers other than Nuno Lourenco and having a further look at the property we are interested in.

Assuming we agree a price, I think we will go ahead and buy, as we like the area and its peacefulness.

Our children are adults now, with their own children, but it's quite likely that our one daughter might also come to PT, and she has daughters of 13 and 10, that I'd assume could go to the school in Ourique. How has your son settled into the initial difficulties regarding language and making friends? is the curriculum very different?

If she does decide to eventually join us, I'm sure we'd appreciate any information you could provide.

Regards,

BQ

Last edited by BozQuick; Mar 31st 2007 at 5:22 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

bejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nice

To add to the information already provided by the helpful members who replied to my original query, I can tell you that I discovered two other English speaking lawyers in Ourique, both ladies.

If the information would be of any use to anyone, I'll gladly forward it by a PM.

Cheers,

BB
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

SteveandMandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

This is our first post .We too are in the process of buying a piece of land just outside of Ourique.
We have also had the pleasure of meeting Maxine who has been extremely helpful and patient both in finding the land we wanted as well as clarifying any questions we have had

Sn Lourenco has to date also been very helpful, efficient and quick to respond to any Email sent to him.

We will soon be ready to start looking for architects and builders so if anyone can recommend either we would be most grateful

Cheers

SM
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

bejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nice

Originally Posted by SteveandMandy
Hi everyone

This is our first post .We too are in the process of buying a piece of land just outside of Ourique.
We have also had the pleasure of meeting Maxine who has been extremely helpful and patient both in finding the land we wanted as well as clarifying any questions we have had

Sn Lourenco has to date also been very helpful, efficient and quick to respond to any Email sent to him.

We will soon be ready to start looking for architects and builders so if anyone can recommend either we would be most grateful

Cheers

SM
Welcome Steve & Mandy,

We are in the process of buying a fairly new property just outside Ourique and our lawyer is currently checking out the legality of the land and build, as well as all the other checks required for bore hole, pool etc.

Having found various properties in Spain we were interested in, they all had very cloudy legal issues to say the least, so we are endeavouring to ensure it is not the same in Portugal.

The vendors of the property we want to buy are British, and also use Snr Lourenco, so we needed to find another local lawyer who spoke English, which we have manged to find following a question in one of the local banks. In fact they identified two, both ladies who we have spoken to and now made our decision and she is on the case, so to speak.

Our property was built last year by a local builder and I'll see if I can find out his name from the people we are buying from.

Although we have a way to go before buying the property, I hope all goes well for you and if I can assist in providing information etc., I'll certainly try, as we are also new guys on the block.

No doubt our paths may cross as we both progress towards a Portuguese home.

Best Wishes,

BB
Old Apr 11th 2007, 6:52 pm
buddies

buddies is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by turbotad
hello

we have recently purchased a property inthe Ourique area and are currently having work completed by a Portuguese builder.

We also used Sr N Lourenco and I cannot speak highly enough of the service he gave.

There are quite a few English,German Dutch in the area but the key is they tend to be a bit less in your face as they do further south. Perhaps that is the attraction of the area.

From my last visit the Cafe Central on the Main st (up past the bank) is owned by an English Lady called Maxine who is married to a Portuguese man and she proved to be a great help.

Any further info please ask

we are in the area around the 23rd April

Turbotad
Hello Turbotad
We are very new to chat threads ? Please excuse my stupidity? We have bought a plot just outside Grandola about 40 KLM from Ourique and are looking for reliable builders can you advise . Any information advise would be gratefully received. We used a Lisbon Lawyer Jao Marqquese De Sousa. also excellent. Architect from Grandola but are now a bit stumped on the building front prices seem to vary wildly. Hope to hear from anyone who can help.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:05 pm
buddies

buddies is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Anyone Live Around Ourique in Beja Province

Hello Everyone

We are planning to build in a place called Gasparos about 40 KLM from Ourique and Beja maybe 30KLM from Grandola and desperatey seeking advise on builders we are in PTG in June for 6 days and would ideally like to meet up with any recommendations then but any advise would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks
Buddies.