Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Anybody living in or around Lisborn ??

Anybody living in or around Lisborn ??

Old Jan 9th 2006, 8:58 am
rmt
Just Joined

rmt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anybody living in or around Lisborn ??

Originally Posted by Mercedes
Looking at their ages it wont be awhile yet. Anyway I don't think you need family support when you go to Uni, thats generally the time you want to meet new friends, share a flat, have some fun without parents. Lets face it you are 2 hours flight if they need you. If you lived in London and they went to Scotland for example you would be no nearer. I have lived in countries without any family support or known anyone prior and I survived, it makes you more independent and more streetwise at a younger age.

Hey! I live near Lisbon, in the south margin of the river tagus ... near beach Costa da Caparica

Shoot any questions and I’ll try to answer them...
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

austinflowers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eurotramp
We would have the chance to move to Lisborn....anybody living out there and can tell us a bit about life down there???
We have to kids from 7 and 10.
Hi

We have lived just outside Lisbon, Cascais on the Estoril coast for nearly two years. We have just took the plunge to buy our own house after renting. My husband works for a corporate jet company nearby, we also have two kids, ages of 12 and 5, they go to an international school 10 minutes away. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask, I will be very honest with my answers !!!

Jo
Old Feb 4th 2006, 12:25 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by austinflowers
Hi

We have lived just outside Lisbon, Cascais on the Estoril coast for nearly two years. We have just took the plunge to buy our own house after renting. My husband works for a corporate jet company nearby, we also have two kids, ages of 12 and 5, they go to an international school 10 minutes away. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask, I will be very honest with my answers !!!

Jo
I adore the area. My brother lived there for years until he bought a house out in Oeiras a couple of years ago.

Making me 'homesick'
Old Mar 17th 2006, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Hi

Jo
Hi Jo,

so funny..did you not realise that my question is a year old
We will move in May to England, close to London...I was just to afraid to go to Portugal...how do you like it there...what is your live like?

Euro
Old May 16th 2006, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Hi

Jo
Hi Jo,
We're thinking of spending a few days in Cascais for some golf and relaxing. Heard it is a nice place but can't find much about it. Is there much to do in the way of sights, museums etc. Thought we'd golf in the mornings and do "stuff" in the afternoons. RIght now not sure where to stay...possibly Quinta da Marinha or a good hotel in the town. Any thoughts/recommendations glady received.

Thanks

Andy
Old Jun 7th 2006, 11:50 am
Just Joined

AliGB is just really niceAliGB is just really niceAliGB is just really niceAliGB is just really niceAliGB is just really niceAliGB is just really niceAliGB is just really niceAliGB is just really nice

Originally Posted by eurotramp
Hi Jo,

so funny..did you not realise that my question is a year old
We will move in May to England, close to London...I was just to afraid to go to Portugal...how do you like it there...what is your live like?

Euro
Hi Euro,

Just reading through. Thinking of moving to Portugal with work.
I was just interested to know why you were too afraid to go to Portugal? What was putting you off? Scaring you?
Hope all is working out in London.
Cheers.