Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Anybody living in or around Lisborn ??

Anybody living in or around Lisborn ??

Old Dec 30th 2004, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of
Default Anybody living in or around Lisborn ??

We would have the chance to move to Lisborn....anybody living out there and can tell us a bit about life down there???
We have to kids from 7 and 10.
Old Dec 31st 2004, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

meseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anybody living in or around Lisborn ??

Where is that ?
Old Dec 31st 2004, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meseta
Where is that ?
Lisbon, Capital City of Portugal
Old Dec 31st 2004, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mercedes
Lisbon, Capital City of Portugal
Of course...typing mistake
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 8:33 pm
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Ill PM you with some info.

Regards,
Pedro
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Pete W has a brilliant futurePete W has a brilliant futurePete W has a brilliant futurePete W has a brilliant futurePete W has a brilliant futurePete W has a brilliant futurePete W has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Boomerang
Ill PM you with some info.

Regards,
Pedro
Hi Boomerang , hope you had a good Christmas & New Year? If you could PM me the info about Lisbon also , I'd appreciate it mate! Hope you're well , hope to chat again soon! Take care , Pete
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Pete W has a brilliant futurePete W has a brilliant futurePete W has a brilliant futurePete W has a brilliant futurePete W has a brilliant futurePete W has a brilliant futurePete W has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by eurotramp
We would have the chance to move to Lisborn....anybody living out there and can tell us a bit about life down there???
We have to kids from 7 and 10.
Hi eurotramp , hope you're well? My wife and I are planning to move to Portugal , probably Lison area, in the next 2 or 3 months. Have you managed to find work over there? I'd really appreciate any pointers you could offer us regarding work and life in general. All the best , Pete W
Old Jan 5th 2005, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pete W
Hi eurotramp , hope you're well? My wife and I are planning to move to Portugal , probably Lison area, in the next 2 or 3 months. Have you managed to find work over there? I'd really appreciate any pointers you could offer us regarding work and life in general. All the best , Pete W
Hi Pete,

sorry but I can't give you any info at all. I never even been to Portugal and my husband works for Nato..so he don't need to look for a job.
Did you get the PM from Boomerang?? I haven't.....

Have a nice day
euro.....
Old Jan 5th 2005, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pete,

sorry but I can't give you any info at all. I never even been to Portugal and my husband works for Nato..so he don't need to look for a job.
Did you get the PM from Boomerang?? I haven't.....

Have a nice day
euro.....
Why dont you go down there for a week and do a recce. Get a bit of a feel for it before you decide. You dont want to get there, hubby is working and you hate the place, the Portguese etc I know of an Indian who went and worked there and hated the Portguese, now is happy living and working in Spain.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Anybody living in or around Lisborn ??

Why dont you go down there for a week and do a recce. Get a bit of a feel for it before you decide. You dont want to get there, hubby is working and you hate the place, the Portguese etc I know of an Indian who went and worked there and hated the Portguese, now is happy living and working in Spain.
Hi Mercedes , thanks for the advice.My wife and I were there for a fortnight last May , so we have some knowledge for the place.We find that the Portuguese are extremely nice , so no problems anticipated there! Hope you're keeping well. Best wishes , Pete W
Old Jan 5th 2005, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pete W
Hi Mercedes , thanks for the advice.My wife and I were there for a fortnight last May , so we have some knowledge for the place.We find that the Portuguese are extremely nice , so no problems anticipated there! Hope you're keeping well. Best wishes , Pete W
I liked the Portugese also, and did think of living there but I have been there so knew a little about it, but my comments were more directed at Eurotramp as she hadn't been there before and if her husband is working and she may not it can be quite lonely if she doesn't like it there for some reason, great if she takes to it like a duck to water.
Old Jan 6th 2005, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

I liked the Portugese also, and did think of living there but I have been there so knew a little about it, but my comments were more directed at Eurotramp as she hadn't been there before and if her husband is working and she may not it can be quite lonely if she doesn't like it there for some reason, great if she takes to it like a duck to water.
Hi Mercedes,

Thanks, that's exactly my concern..not that I'm do keen on paying a fortune for a House in the uk and then the sh.. weather, but I'm afraid that I wound have the social contact I want so much. Living in diffrend countries every couple year doesn't make you having to many friends, I'm afraid.
I'm just afraid that sunshine and a nice house by the beach looses his appeals after a year or two when you alone....
Old Jan 6th 2005, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Mercedes,

Thanks, that's exactly my concern..not that I'm do keen on paying a fortune for a House in the uk and then the sh.. weather, but I'm afraid that I wound have the social contact I want so much. Living in diffrend countries every couple year doesn't make you having to many friends, I'm afraid.
I'm just afraid that sunshine and a nice house by the beach looses his appeals after a year or two when you alone....
Hi Eurotramp,

Well until recently I have moved every couple of years so can appreciate that not all things can be a bed of roses, especially with language barriers. I don't know what the opportunities are for you hubby but have you thought South of Spain (Gibraltar area?) or maybe Cyprus? I can appreciate why you don't like UK, I'm now based in Spain but do a great deal of commuting from here now, to the UK and other countries so get the best of all worlds, though most of my friends are scattered also in other countries, bit of a bummer when you want a party lol.......
Old Jan 6th 2005, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Eurotramp,

Well until recently I have moved every couple of years so can appreciate that not all things can be a bed of roses, especially with language barriers. I don't know what the opportunities are for you hubby but have you thought South of Spain (Gibraltar area?) or maybe Cyprus? I can appreciate why you don't like UK, I'm now based in Spain but do a great deal of commuting from here now, to the UK and other countries so get the best of all worlds, though most of my friends are scattered also in other countries, bit of a bummer when you want a party lol.......

Hubby is in the IT, but my other main concern are the Kids.
I maybe have not a problem say living in Portugal, but what's about the Kids when they want to go to University? I would not like the Idea to send them on there on to a country they don't know(even they have a brit. Passport) without any family support.
Old Jan 6th 2005, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hubby is in the IT, but my other main concern are the Kids.
I maybe have not a problem say living in Portugal, but what's about the Kids when they want to go to University? I would not like the Idea to send them on there on to a country they don't know(even they have a brit. Passport) without any family support.

Looking at their ages it wont be awhile yet. Anyway I don't think you need family support when you go to Uni, thats generally the time you want to meet new friends, share a flat, have some fun without parents. Lets face it you are 2 hours flight if they need you. If you lived in London and they went to Scotland for example you would be no nearer. I have lived in countries without any family support or known anyone prior and I survived, it makes you more independent and more streetwise at a younger age.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.