Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

AMAZON DELIVERIES VIA SEUR

AMAZON DELIVERIES VIA SEUR

Old May 6th 2016, 9:02 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AMAZON DELIVERIES VIA SEUR

Originally Posted by macliam
Well, my Seur delivery got better and better. No attempt to deliver as promised on Monday. No attempt to deliver on Tuesday (the end-date for delivery - so I contacted Amazon again and they declared the delivery lost, refunded me and suggested I order again with free 1-day delivery. So I did so on Wednesday and UPS are supposed to deliver tomorrow. Then, this PM, Seur finally called out of the blue and delivered the original item to the local cafe as requested!!

So, now I have one delivered but refunded and another due for delivery tomorrow, P&P free!

However, I also have a larger order due for delivery on Monday and I don't know the carrier yet
Latest delivery by UPS went like clockwork. Driver called us, we told him where to leave the package and he called back to confirm he had done so.
Now have two of the same to choose from!

Monday's delivery is also UPS, so hoping that goes the same way.
Old May 7th 2016, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

Lucky you. I had 2 parcels ordered from Singapore. The $20 one arrived at my door after 5 weeks. The $22 one has been stuck at customs in Lisbon for 3 weeks.
Old May 7th 2016, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

3 weeks?
Luxury!!
I have a parcel from HK that's been there for 2 months, and I'm still waiting for them to tell me the cost so I can pay for it.
In 3 more weeks, it will be redundant to me and worthless.
Old May 7th 2016, 3:44 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ukkram
Lucky you. I had 2 parcels ordered from Singapore. The $20 one arrived at my door after 5 weeks. The $22 one has been stuck at customs in Lisbon for 3 weeks.
Originally Posted by liveaboard
3 weeks?
Luxury!!
I have a parcel from HK that's been there for 2 months, and I'm still waiting for them to tell me the cost so I can pay for it.
I had already been warned not to order anything from outside the EU....... and it seems correctly. It seems each country (except the UK) knows how to play the EU game and still imposes its own rules and quotas - only the UK seems to have the attitude that every rule must be followed to the letter (when it suits them )

In Portugal the Estado Novo may have fallen over 40 years ago, but the attitude is still "O que é Nacional é bom!", and not just for cereals! By the imposition of various rules and costs to delay imports and make them less attractive, importing anything becomes too painful to consider. It's just more difficult to police small things arriving from within Europe.
Old May 9th 2016, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liveaboard
3 weeks?
Luxury!!

2 years back they stopped a parcel from Sweden , sent me the paper work to fill in , did so ,scanned it & sent it back by e-mail.

Waited & waited , finally complained , only to be told they had sent it back to the supplier, as they had never received the required paper work.
Resent the original email only to receive a reply that it was the first time they had received it :- BS the bloody date & time I sent it originally was a clear as day.
Complained yet again & they then supplied a "shipping Nº" for the returned parcel that did not work !!!
Contacted supplier ,only to be told they had never received back.
The reimbursed me & notified myself that Portugal was now black listed !
Old May 9th 2016, 4:32 pm
Resident Cynic

Today's delivery via UPS went like clockwork too. This was ordered from Amazon.uk and fulfilled by Amazon.de ... the last came via Amazon.es

Good items, two 15cm Stainless steel shower outlets, delivered "next day" for £43 - similar "promised" in April from Portuguese supplier for about 25 euros each, but since then constant excuses as to why they can't get them and we gave up hope (and constant calling, because they never ring back...)

Saw similar at Leroy-Merlin but they are over 50 euros each. Suggested item from builder was a 3 euro simple outlet, no trap and about 6cm across - because that's all he has available! They really have no idea .........

Now the builders can get on with the bathrooms!
Old May 9th 2016, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I also sent the requested documents by email, but a few days later I got a confirmation reply from CTT saying they'd passed it on to customs.
none the less, hope is fading.
Old May 10th 2016, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

qianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond repute

Seems we had problem with TNT and it's from an eBay seller sending from Caiscais to well frequented area of Azeitao! Same 'can't find the address' excuse. Hope it will turn up tomorrow!

Last edited by qianh; May 10th 2016 at 6:21 pm.
Old May 10th 2016, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

I received my long awaited tool from Singapore today; this was a CTT delivery.
I had to pay the customs and IVA at the post office upon pickup.
Total cost was E75, which is still ok for this item. cheapest in Europe I found was 350.
This is an improvement over last time; I had to wait for the bill, then send the money, then wait again for delivery.
However; my postman says a lot of people never get their parcels once customs has stopped them.
Old May 12th 2016, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Slightly off thread ,but about deliveries
On 12.04.16. I bought a item on UK EBay
Delivery date 18th-28th April
10th May contacted seller to info them off no delivery.

Received reply today & tracking Nº
It arrived in PT on 19.04.16 @ 06.14
On 04.05.16 it was sent to Germany ??????????

Who's the carrier GLS ,or to use the phrase I have adopted when this lot are involved.
Goods Lost in Service

Old May 12th 2016, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

qianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles
Slightly off thread ,but about deliveries
On 12.04.16. I bought a item on UK EBay
Delivery date 18th-28th April
10th May contacted seller to info them off no delivery.

Received reply today & tracking Nº
It arrived in PT on 19.04.16 @ 06.14
On 04.05.16 it was sent to Germany ??????????

Who's the carrier GLS ,or to use the phrase I have adopted when this lot are involved.
Goods Lost in Service

Royal Mail use GLS to send stuffs in Portugal, it does go via Germany or some other countries, which means it takes more than a week to deliver.
Try google GLS tracking to see if you can track your parcel.
Old May 12th 2016, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by qianh
Royal Mail use GLS to send stuffs in Portugal, it does go via Germany or some other countries, which means it takes more than a week to deliver.
Try google GLS tracking to see if you can track your parcel.
Please read my post once again!
I have tracked it, the "Toss Pots" running GLS here had it for 14 days ,then sent it back to Germany
Old May 12th 2016, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

I have tracked it, the "Toss Pots" running GLS here had it for 14 days ,then sent it back to Germany
Sorry for your trouble, feel free to ignore my post.
Cheers!

Qianh
Old May 13th 2016, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have just "tracked" this again !
It's now back in UK with the seller
Un bloody believable

Only had 3 lot's off parcels sent from UK by Royal Mail & each time it's nothing but a b-ll's up on GLS's part.

Last edited by Ingles; May 13th 2016 at 2:52 pm.
Old May 13th 2016, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have found that as long as my Portuguese mobile number is on the parcel, I receive it.
Now I use the phone number as part of the address, so my street address is "TM92*******"

Today I had a delivery from GLS; quick and efficient. Sometimes it works.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.