advice needed

Old Jun 6th 2007, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

ann1nurse is an unknown quantity at this point
Question advice needed

hi from newbie, advice needed on re locating to portugal, working living and anything worth knowing, hoping to move in the near future
Old Jun 6th 2007, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Sibs is a jewel in the roughSibs is a jewel in the roughSibs is a jewel in the roughSibs is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: advice needed

Originally Posted by ann1nurse
hi from newbie, advice needed on re locating to portugal, working living and anything worth knowing, hoping to move in the near future
Hi

Which area were you hoping to move to?

Sarah
Old Jun 6th 2007, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

thanks for answering.visited portugal many times and keep returning to olhos de agua, i just love it, my husband and myself are both in our mid forties and would love to buy or lease a bar/cafe, hopefully around this area.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Sibs is a jewel in the roughSibs is a jewel in the roughSibs is a jewel in the roughSibs is a jewel in the rough

Hi

In that case I can only answer very generally as we live out in the West Algarve and I don't know your area at all I'm afraid.

Sarah
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:05 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ann1nurse
Hi from me
Sorry i dont know the area either,but we can help with general stuff,fire away
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:47 pm
Escaped to the Sun

Mattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really nice

Hi
We know the area very well - used to holiday near by.
Go check out prices of bars - get the accounts go talk to accountant/bank manager/business advisor type of thing. Make sure the place has a track record that shows you can pay any loans you take out and make enough to live on All Year. Check on licenses for running the place. Check on legals if you need staff. Check Check Check!

Have you experience of working in such a place? may be worth testing it out as staff for a few weeks - get summer jobs if poss. Better to discover if it's not you before you get landed with ownership! Sorry to sound negative but I have seen all the TV progs about such and lots of people forget they need experience and need to check into everything. Any way very exciting - follow the dream but with eyes wide open. Good Luck
Old Jun 11th 2007, 6:45 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: advice needed

hi and thanks for replying, unfortunately we have no experience in this area (bars/cafe), although we have met many people like us who have leased or bought small bars, work very hard but get by.we also considered buying IE a villa with annexe to rent, real estate....... , i do however constantly re think our options which are very limited, any other ideas?, my husband has office and managerial experience i am a nurse, we don't speak the language but will learn, not much going for us, but wont give up on our dream. we will be back in July researching, researching again