Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Advice on buying apartment in/near Porto?

Advice on buying apartment in/near Porto?

Old Jun 18th 2017, 1:16 am
Just Joined

FrederickBloggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on buying apartment in/near Porto?

Hi all, well, I have arrived at the time of life when I need to think about the next ten years and to semi retire before fully retiring over the next five years. So, over the next ten years I see myself having steadily more free time and I think I would like to spend much of that in Portugal. I have visited Portugal regularly since around 1987.

I really like all parts of the country but most of all from Lisbon northwards. I like the north, Ponte Lima, Caminha, Viana de Castello, Moncao etc... But I think they are very nice but a bit out of the way. A good compromise, I think is Porto. Easily accessible by air, not too big a city and in easy reach of really nice parts of the countryside.

Question is, what are the better but not too expensive areas of Porto to buy a two bed apartment? Priorities are good transport connection to the city, to other places north and south (by rail?) and the airport. Budget is around EUR 100k cash, but flexible if required. Thanks.