Abandoned Puppy

Old Jan 1st 2018, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Abandoned Puppy

I'm on holiday at the moment and staying a couple of kms past Faz Fato in the Tavira Hills. Driving back from Tavira yesterday, a couple of kms before Estorninhos, we found a puppy that had been dumped on the side of the road. No houses nearby and we searched up and down the lanes and couldn't find anyone he might have belonged to. We also took the puppy to the local bar to ask around.

I tried phoning one of the local vets and she said the rescue centres will be full and that my only option was to take it to the local Municipal Kennel.

Does anyone have any other suggestions as we are due to fly back on the 7th. If anyone knows of a shelter that will take the puppy, we are happy to make a sizeable donation to the shelter.

The puppy is male, he looks to be about 6 to 8 weeks old. He's in fairly good condition and is probably going to become a medium sized dog.
Attached Thumbnails Abandoned Puppy-puppy1.jpg   Abandoned Puppy-puppy2.jpg   Abandoned Puppy-puppy3.jpg  
Old Jan 1st 2018, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abandoned Puppy

At the risk of sounding harsh (which isn't my intent)................ Welcome to Portugal.

All you can do is maybe speak to the vet again or speak to another vet or maybe try the Portugal animal rescue FB groups & be sure to mention the donation offer.

Sadly, it's an ongoing problem here.
Old Jan 1st 2018, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute

Trying everything I can at the moment.
Old Jan 1st 2018, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

Wishing you & him the best of luck!
Old Jan 1st 2018, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks. I think we are going to need it.
Old Jan 1st 2018, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Cherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant future

Do you have a Facebook account? If so you could try posting on Anything Animal Algarve. I'll try to message someone there about what else you can do.
Old Jan 1st 2018, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Cherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant future

I've been told you should post on Missing Pets Algarve on Facebook if you can.
Old Jan 1st 2018, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cherrypop
I've been told you should post on Missing Pets Algarve on Facebook if you can.
I've posted on your behalf.
Old Jan 1st 2018, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

I've posted on your behalf.
Have found someone who can take the puppy. Please message me x
Old Jan 1st 2018, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shanorme
I'm on holiday at the moment and staying a couple of kms past Faz Fato in the Tavira Hills. Driving back from Tavira yesterday, a couple of kms before Estorninhos, we found a puppy that had been dumped on the side of the road. No houses nearby and we searched up and down the lanes and couldn't find anyone he might have belonged to. We also took the puppy to the local bar to ask around.

I tried phoning one of the local vets and she said the rescue centres will be full and that my only option was to take it to the local Municipal Kennel.

Does anyone have any other suggestions as we are due to fly back on the 7th. If anyone knows of a shelter that will take the puppy, we are happy to make a sizeable donation to the shelter.

The puppy is male, he looks to be about 6 to 8 weeks old. He's in fairly good condition and is probably going to become a medium sized dog.
Try these people at Montcarapacho :

https://www.facebook.com/aparmoncarapachofuseta/

Good luck
Old Jan 1st 2018, 3:59 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Ugly little brute, isn't he? I hope he gets in somewhere.
Old Jan 1st 2018, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Have found someone who can take the puppy. Please message me x
Well done ! 1st January and a great good deed to start the year.
Old Jan 1st 2018, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you so much Cherrypop - I have sent you a pm.
Old Jan 1st 2018, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

took puppy for a walk in the woods today and he was so well behaved. Didn't run off at all. Bounced along happily.
Old Jan 1st 2018, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glad to hear a happy ending for the little chap....... especially at this time of year!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.