what are the chances?

Old May 31st 2013, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

fadsie1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what are the chances?

So what are peoples feelings now the application deadline has passed and its a waiting game. I actually feel nervous cause I want this so much. I am 29 and have 5 years frontline service. This appears from what I have read to be what they are looking for. I just wondered what peoples thoughts are on paper sift. Do you think the content of the application will be scrutinised or that they already know what criteria they want? I feel that if you get through the paper sift then its up to you then which is why this stage is most important to me. Anyone got any inside info to share?
Old Jun 1st 2013, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Nottsscouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what are the chances?

Nervous ish. Got to get training for that sit up, it's harder than it looks!
Old Jun 1st 2013, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Spudboy01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol, tried the sit up the other day. Off to,the gym for me. It's out of our hands now. Only have to wait 2 weeks.
Old Jun 1st 2013, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Where'd you get the two weeks from?
Old Jun 1st 2013, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Spudboy01 is an unknown quantity at this point

You will fing out on the 10/11/12th of June if you have passed the paper sift to sit the exam in July. Pass that and you have an interview in sept. pass that and who knows. It's on their website. Just been doing the maths on cost of living. Don't tink I can afford to live over there.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Cheers mate, I missed the date on the paper sift results. There's lots of info on the web re cost of living. Don't forget the extra $$ from shift penalties etc. cut your cloth when your there and enjoy free stuff like walking and beaches.
Good luck anyway
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

PaqMusic is an unknown quantity at this point

Just notice the physical section - they changed the requirements for London assessments - included a dead lift and other things. Bleep stays the same - that's my worry - I've done it at 9.1 which is my requirement but it's a close shave

I'm nervous about the papersift and another week to wait. Well, if I don't get listed for London I will still travel to Perth to do testing