WAPOL/SAPOL Recruitment?

Old May 16th 2016, 4:47 am
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WAPOL/SAPOL Recruitment?

The only other way in is if your partner/wife/husband has a career on the sponsored list and can get a visa based on that, on which you would also be able to come to Australia. Once here you can apply for the police.

Unfortunately, from the inside, there are no rumours/plans of any further international recruitment. WA is still feeling the pinch from the downturn in mining, and therefore is getting enough local applicants to fill available places.

Keep checking the website though. They have never previously forwarned of international recruitment and all of a sudden it's on.
Old May 22nd 2016, 1:03 am
Just Joined

Rudders34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: WAPOL/SAPOL Recruitment?

Originally Posted by gregster10217
The only other way in is if your partner/wife/husband has a career on the sponsored list and can get a visa based on that, on which you would also be able to come to Australia. Once here you can apply for the police.

Unfortunately, from the inside, there are no rumours/plans of any further international recruitment. WA is still feeling the pinch from the downturn in mining, and therefore is getting enough local applicants to fill available places.

Keep checking the website though. They have never previously forwarned of international recruitment and all of a sudden it's on.

Yeah I had heard this, I didn't apply in 2014 the last WA recruitment as I was applying for a role and thought id wait until the following year... what an error!!

I'm trying to think of other routes in but short of marrying and aussie gal or someone on the skilled occupations list I'm out of ideas.

Might go out on a working visa for a bit but I couldn't apply for the police without PR anyway...

Nightmare.
Old Aug 27th 2016, 10:40 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Because his came up in the Australian Immi Forum, for a firefighter looking to migrate, I'll post it here as it may be useful for police officers who missed out on the international drive.

South Australia have a supplementary skills list - Lists of State Nominated Occupations

which includes police officers, and enable you to be sponsored for a visa if you can meet the additional criteria here - Supplementary Skilled List and Special Conditions Apply

One of these options is to meet 80 points with sponsorship - High Points , so max IELTS scores will likely be needed but does open up a route if you have enough points. You would also need a valid skills assessment (Vetassess - https://www.vetassess.com.au/skills-...-for-migration )
Old Sep 20th 2016, 11:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ale_x
Has anyone looked into NT Police, as a current Officer in QPS there are alot more benefits to NTpol like housing and higher wages.
But do they sponsor? Thats the problem most people have, they need the sponsorship in order to get here.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Chippsss is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear all , I hope this helps as I've been where you are waiting for news . I'm ex Met of 21 years service and now live in WA . I am coming to the end of the recruitment process here having obtained my own PR visa in London from work I'd done in the police and then moved over last January and applied as a local .
In the absence of a UK recruitment drive I suggest you try and get your own PR then apply as I did . As it stands there is only 1 planned course next year for ex UK officers - a tailored course of 12 weeks with no indication of further intakes yet - so many local factors dictate their need so even when you're here it's a long long process with no guarantees unto you receive the job offer but it's easier than the competition of a UK recruitment drive with a lot more applicants ! Good luck to you all .
Old Nov 30th 2016, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

Cls601 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chippsss
Dear all , I hope this helps as I've been where you are waiting for news . I'm ex Met of 21 years service and now live in WA . I am coming to the end of the recruitment process here having obtained my own PR visa in London from work I'd done in the police and then moved over last January and applied as a local .
In the absence of a UK recruitment drive I suggest you try and get your own PR then apply as I did . As it stands there is only 1 planned course next year for ex UK officers - a tailored course of 12 weeks with no indication of further intakes yet - so many local factors dictate their need so even when you're here it's a long long process with no guarantees unto you receive the job offer but it's easier than the competition of a UK recruitment drive with a lot more applicants ! Good luck to you all .
This sounds interesting! What work allowed you to apply for your own PR from London?
Old Nov 30th 2016, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

Samb57 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes as above I am also interested in how ?
Old Nov 30th 2016, 9:10 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cls601
This sounds interesting! What work allowed you to apply for your own PR from London?
Originally Posted by Samb57
Yes as above I am also interested in how ?
Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection

The post above is misleading. That poster qualified for a visa not with his policing, but by other means. Unless you too quality you can't use his advice.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection

The post above is misleading. That poster qualified for a visa not with his policing, but by other means. Unless you too quality you can't use his advice.
Dorothy - thanks for your input / opinions and apparant in depth knowledge of my visa application ??? I'm living in WA having obtained a visa using my policing work and was just trying to offer others some hope that there are ways to still get here . I don't feel my post is misleading .

For the interested people above :-

One of my policing roles was a community officer / sector officer . I completed many projects / operations as part of my work - drug operations / dangerous dog operations , all the usual stuff we do all the time in this role . I ran crime prevention initiatives / programmes etc etc

I applied for a skilled state sponsored 190 visa as a Project and Programme administrator but specified in my skills assessment ( community police officer ) . Looking at the competencies for the Project and Prog officer it was very easy to evidence what they required . Skills assessment passed first time.

My problem at the time was this nominated job needed a qualification equivalent to an Aussie Diploma . After many months of trying to find out what UK qualifications would be sufficient and getting conflicting advice I started a policing degree but struggled with it and home life / work life / kids so pulled out of it .

I then contacted an Aussie college and discovered I could evidence a Aussie diploma in Management . I provided very detailed examples of my work across my whole policing career , acting up as skipper / Intel work / response work / training printouts / Ncalt certs ( I did lots of extra Ncalts in my own time to boost my evidence ! )
Think of it as writing your PDR examples saying how wonderful you are ! I Obtained permission from work to send my work examples abroad with all details of people removed obviously .
It took me 3 months scanning and writing every night from home .
My assessor passed me on all the modules with no actual studying needed as I provided such clear and detailed examples . He made specific comment on my organised approach and high quality of work . I now hold an Australian diploma of management recognised as a formal Aussie qualification . If you fall short on any modules you can pay to distance study to make up that module but thankfully I did it all from Recogntion of prior learning .

All of this submitted to DIAC and visa obtained for me / my wife and 2 kids .

Rules change all the time and I did hear a rumour that 190 visas are now granted only with a job offer and I can't comment on this as I read up on everything for my visa process but that was 3 years ago .

I know how important it is for people to realise their dream of getting here so would not deliberately write misleading posts . Just trying to help !

Good luck to you all .
Old Nov 30th 2016, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Chippsss
Ps - in addition to my long post I forgot to say that this week in the news are MP's calling for another 1000 cops to here recruited , however the commissioner says he doesn't need that many as the problems in WA need to be dealt with by partner agencies and more cops will just mean more arrests etc but still not enough work in are of Mental Health and other needed services . Election is in March so if anything happens it will likely be around then I guess .
Old Jan 9th 2017, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

geo_1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all. I'm relatively new to the forums but was looking for some help in relation to applying for SAPOL. My fiancee and i are looking to come out on a skilled worker visa as she's a nurse.
Ive been working for the police from 16 as a cadet and a cop at 18. Im aware that SAPOL for the time being have stopped all international recruitment but was looking to find out if our visa is granted, then what would my chances be of applying when in Adelaide???

Any info is much appreciated.
Old Jan 9th 2017, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by geo_1987
Hi all. I'm relatively new to the forums but was looking for some help in relation to applying for SAPOL. My fiancee and i are looking to come out on a skilled worker visa as she's a nurse.
Ive been working for the police from 16 as a cadet and a cop at 18. Im aware that SAPOL for the time being have stopped all international recruitment but was looking to find out if our visa is granted, then what would my chances be of applying when in Adelaide???

Any info is much appreciated.
If it's a Perm residency visa that you get then you can apply in Adelaide as a local and international recruitment won't concern you . Assuming SAPOL are recruiting , check they will recognise your service from home . WAPOL will recognise 9 years max . Good luck .
Old Jan 10th 2017, 10:21 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Provided that you and your fiancée have been living together as defacto for 12 mths, and that she qualifies for PR visa, you would get the same and could apply for the police force.
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

Farrell74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

First time poster, also a British bobbie hoping for that Oz dream to open up again. Will be keeping my eyes and ears out!

I just hope it doesn't come to late (years in service wise)
Old Feb 4th 2017, 10:16 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

WAPOL is unlikely to recruit anytime soon given that Western Australia is pretty much broke and us tax payers would raise hell about overseas recruitment given the the unemployment rates in the state at the moment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.