Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

Old Mar 12th 2014, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future
Default Re: WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

It'll come mate. Practice them in reverse first. Helped me loads.
It'll frustrate the hell out if you then one day Boom!!! You'll wonder what the fuss was.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

foggy balla is an unknown quantity at this point

Not a bad idea that reverse practice job. Must give it a go. Hope it's all coming together for yourself. Days to do getting fewer for you guys heading out soon. Let's hope there's a few more if us joining you next year!
Old Mar 12th 2014, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

No reason you won't be mate. Just use the advice on here and prepare properly and we'll be welcoming you next year with a cold one.
Few days to go so PM any questions you have.

HB
Old Mar 12th 2014, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

foggy balla is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Harry. Between delving into previous posts, and a few PMs, I'm about where I could possibly best be at this very early stage. Most of the apprehension is the "what if" factor should I be fortunate enough in the coming months. No doubt echoing the thoughts of plenty like yourself about to go and myself and the others taking the first step. Getting houses sold/rented, how much do we need, how much can we save, shipping etc. not given g to get ahead of myself just yet though. Here's hoping. Best of luck to yourself.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 9:57 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Just to say that although pm's are helpful to one individual, if the advice is general, and relevant to everyone, it's better posted in open forum for all to see
Old Mar 13th 2014, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

fadsie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

My application is all but ready after the devestation of last year I am feeling a little more relaxed this time. If I get through the paper sift I feel last years experience will help me. And I checked yesterday and can still do the situp. Good luck with the move harry hope it all goes well mate
Old Mar 13th 2014, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

grdnblack is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks, like a fair few on here, I'm gonna take the plunge as well and apply, see where I end up.

Whose all applying, any from up here in Scotland, and any from tayside division?
Old Mar 13th 2014, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

josh8239 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all,

Not posted much on this site so hello I'm Josh!

I am also taking the plunge and applying for WA. Very nervous about the process but excited at the same time!

Just working on my application, so keeping my fingers crossed! It is funny how my life seems so mundane now I am trying to write the Personal History Section! It is hard to write about yourself!

Anyone able to recommend some good study material for the PEE? In particular need to brush up on my Numeracy!

Josh
Old Mar 13th 2014, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

stuartt0908 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by josh8239
Hey all,

Not posted much on this site so hello I'm Josh!

I am also taking the plunge and applying for WA. Very nervous about the process but excited at the same time!

Just working on my application, so keeping my fingers crossed! It is funny how my life seems so mundane now I am trying to write the Personal History Section! It is hard to write about yourself!

Anyone able to recommend some good study material for the PEE? In particular need to brush up on my Numeracy!

Josh
Hi Josh,

There's a few sample tests on the WAPOL website , would start with those. Depending how you get on there is a suggested reading list for study material on there too, which is generated after you complete one of the tests.

Good luck.

Stu.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fadsie1
My application is all but ready after the devestation of last year I am feeling a little more relaxed this time. If I get through the paper sift I feel last years experience will help me. And I checked yesterday and can still do the situp. Good luck with the move harry hope it all goes well mate
Cheers Fadsie. One week today 😀

I'm sure you're right. Last years experience will be a big help for you and I'm sure that we'll be catching a cold beer together in 2015.

Good luck. And remember, the waitings all part of the game.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Sparky874 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it's been something that we've always spoken about and now's the time to take the plunge. Going to get to work on my application ASAP. I'm from Scotland, working in Glasgow.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
Old Mar 13th 2014, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Redcap5517 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sparky, i envy you. I just fall outside the years in service requirement. The way PSoS is going i can see a lot of interest from cops across the country. So there will be a fair amount of competiton this time around. Wishing you and the rest all the best
Old Mar 14th 2014, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

josh8239 is an unknown quantity at this point

Application pretty much done, though I am not liking Section 11: Personal History. Not sure how detailed or personal they are looking for. Anyone with any advice?
Old Mar 14th 2014, 4:12 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by josh8239
Application pretty much done, though I am not liking Section 11: Personal History. Not sure how detailed or personal they are looking for. Anyone with any advice?
As well as all the usual stuff about background, family life, sports hobbies and interests try and come up with some thing that makes you stand out. What makes you so different from all the applicants that they should pick you?

I do volunteer work for a charity. I enjoy it immensely, but it wasn't entirely altruistic. I knew it would be a positive on any job application too.

Good luck.
Old Mar 15th 2014, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Phantasm139 is an unknown quantity at this point

For those that are applying this year for WAPOL i found http://www.policeprep.co.uk/australi...ull_pkg_au.htm very useful. They do charge but you get a full refund if you fail. Loads of mock tests and revision material on all aspects of the PEE, i found this actually harder than the real thing. It's well worth it if you really want it. Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.